The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Award - what is it? Worth it?

I'm a first year law and French student at Cardiff. I'm thinking about taking the Cardiff Award next year but I've looked into it and I'm not really sure how it works. Its really heavily promoted around campus and in my lectures. It's some sort of employability award.

Im wondering in particular how much time it would take up on a day-to-day basis (as I work part-time) and how long overall it would take to complete. And if you've done it, would you say it was worth it?
Original post by tryfonakis
I'm a first year law and French student at Cardiff. I'm thinking about taking the Cardiff Award next year but I've looked into it and I'm not really sure how it works. Its really heavily promoted around campus and in my lectures. It's some sort of employability award.
Im wondering in particular how much time it would take up on a day-to-day basis (as I work part-time) and how long overall it would take to complete. And if you've done it, would you say it was worth it?
Hi there,

I'm completing the Cardiff Award in my final year, but I've found that everything that you need to do for the award (which is accessible on a clear pathway once you join) is something that I would do regardless. E.g. my work, my volunteering to gain experience, attending career events and getting my CV checked. So then it's more about ticking off things that you should be doing for your own employability and using it as an opportunity to reflect.

If you're interested in more employability opportunities beyond this, I recommend applying for the Career Mentoring scheme in September/ October 2024 - I've found it really helpful so far!

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by tryfonakis

hiya, I was just wondering what you think about your program at Cardiff. I'm just waiting on my offer and my choice is between Cardiff and Essex. For context I'm an intl student. Any help will be appreciated!
Original post by bigfaaz
hiya, I was just wondering what you think about your program at Cardiff. I'm just waiting on my offer and my choice is between Cardiff and Essex. For context I'm an intl student. Any help will be appreciated!

Hi there,

I can't tell you much about the course (I study international relations) but if you have any specific questions regarding Cardiff uni, let me know!

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending