The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What type of things came up in it?? Was it one of those extended questions?
Can't you see if you could try once more since your uni course depends on it?

and aren't you on tattie hols just now
Reply 2
They usually make special considerations for those who were not feeling particularly well on the day, AHEM bit of a cough there have you?
rosie9391
What type of things came up in it?? Was it one of those extended questions?
Can't you see if you could try once more since your uni course depends on it?

and aren't you on tattie hols just now

Are you allowed to get 3 chances? My hols start tomorrow.
Reply 4
moonshine_1991
Are you allowed to get 3 chances? My hols start tomorrow.

Really? We go back to school on Monday :frown: !
pamelaa
Really? We go back to school on Monday :frown: !

Where are you? Glasgow? I'm in Edinburgh so our hols don't start till monday.:smile:
Reply 6
moonshine_1991
Where are you? Glasgow? I'm in Edinburgh so our hols don't start till monday.:smile:

Yehh. You probably have the more English holidays. Lol. Anyway yeh under special circumstances you're usually allowed to resit it. Did anyone else fail it? This happened in my maths class - about 10 people failed the resit so they didn't have much of a choice.
pamelaa
Yehh. You probably have the more English holidays. Lol. Anyway yeh under special circumstances you're usually allowed to resit it. Did anyone else fail it? This happened in my maths class - about 10 people failed the resit so they didn't have much of a choice.

Don't think anyone else failed.lol. BTW Edinburgh is the REAL capital city so...:biggrin:
Reply 8
moonshine_1991
Don't think anyone else failed.lol. BTW Edinburgh is the REAL capital city so...:biggrin:

okay?
Reply 9
pamelaa
okay?

lol you pwned her
What do you want to study?? anything geography related
rosie9391
What do you want to study?? anything geography related

No. I want to do law or history but I only have 3 highers so far(AAB) and really need to get at least BB this year in maths and geog and a C in history.
moonshine_1991
No. I want to do law or history but I only have 3 highers so far(AAB) and really need to get at least BB this year in maths and geog and a C in history.

Tricky one, you will just have to speak to your geog teacher or guidance and if that doesn't work, well consider taking a subject you took at SG or working harder on history to get a grade B.
rosie9391
Tricky one, you will just have to speak to your geog teacher or guidance and if that doesn't work, well consider taking a subject you took at SG or working harder on history to get a grade B.

The problem with working harder at history is that I already have an A at higher and think I can easily get a B, if not an A and the uni counts this as 1 subject not 2. Also, the only subject I could pick up from S.G is physics and I really hated it. I will talk to my geog teacher tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.
so why are you doing history if you all ready have an A?? or is it AH
Reply 15
I'm sure you get three chances with NABs, no? Also, what unit are you on?
rosie9391
so why are you doing history if you all ready have an A?? or is it AH

Yeah, it is an AH.
Reply 17
ask to sit it again and try the whole 'i've been having a really hard time recently' story. crying in front of the teacher can work too! i speak from experience here.....!
Reply 18
moonshine_1991
I just failed my higher Geography NAB re-sit. It was not because I did not revise enough; I revised loads. It was the fact that my teacher told me to revise one case study and the other one, which I had not done any revision for, came up. What do I do? I really need this to get into uni and there is no other subjects I can change to. Please help.:s-smilie:

you get 3 chances for NABs

a girl i used to be friends with failed an AH physics NAB 3 times and they let her resit it again

she got a D in the exam and we're all wondering how she managed that
Reply 19
FTC199
you get 3 chances for NABs

a girl i used to be friends with failed an AH physics NAB 3 times and they let her resit it again

she got a D in the exam and we're all wondering how she managed that

officially, you only get 2 chances - 1 first sitting and 1 re-sit.

you get a 2nd re-sit in 'exceptional circumstances'.

Latest

Trending

Trending