The Student Room Group

post-OSCE advice (or in general post-exams advice) pls 😭

I'm a first-year physio student at St Georges and I just had my first real OSCE- pretty sure I failed

The anatomy questions I definitely got 0 marks because I reviewed them later, communication I fumbled. I accidentally put the practice patient in an uncomfortable physical position and only realised right at the end when I adjusted the bed. I don't know if that would have fixed the situation and I wouldn't have lost the marks.I asked for consent but I forgot to introduce myself or explain what I was doing.

Out of the 7 questions, there's only 1 question I think I did ok on.

I was the only one who didn't sit the practice OSCEs because of being hospitalised, so this was my first experience ever, and I don't think it could have gotten worse

I'm pretty sure I failed, I don't know where I'd get the 40% marks from. Results are going to be submitted in 4 weeks and I'm only going to be stressing until then and thinking about resists in August

I've never had to resit an exam before. I feel mentally at my worst, and physically at a low too. I just can't get this horrible experience out of my mind.

Any advice of what I can do from now
Hi,

I’ve been forced to take a year out this year because my A-Levels didn’t go the way I wanted, partly due to my own mistakes and partly due to examining boards, it’s pretty *****y at first to realise your gonna have to re-sit but you’ll soon make your peace with it; you sound like your an intelligent person and I’m sure you’ll come to realise that life is a long race - messing up at one hurdle doesn’t mean your down and out.

Not so much advice but I hope you know you’re not alone! Re-sitting exams is nothing to be ashamed of.
Reply 2
Original post by Christyhorgann
Hi,
I’ve been forced to take a year out this year because my A-Levels didn’t go the way I wanted, partly due to my own mistakes and partly due to examining boards, it’s pretty *****y at first to realise your gonna have to re-sit but you’ll soon make your peace with it; you sound like your an intelligent person and I’m sure you’ll come to realise that life is a long race - messing up at one hurdle doesn’t mean your down and out.
Not so much advice but I hope you know you’re not alone! Re-sitting exams is nothing to be ashamed of.

Thank you, I’ve never failed an exam before, so it’s actaully hit quite hard

I’m pretty sure my uni does resits in summer, but I’m not certain. I was planing to email them, or should I wait till it’s confirmed that I failed before asking them about resits?

I guess I’m too eager to know lol. I really don’t want to have to do the year again :frown:(
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thank you, I’ve never failed an exam before, so it’s actaully hit quite hard
I’m pretty sure my uni does resits in summer, but I’m not certain. I was planing to email them, or should I wait till it’s confirmed that I failed before asking them about resits?
I guess I’m too eager to know lol. I really don’t want to have to do the year again :frown:(

I would say it's good to email them; it will lessen the things you have to do and worry about once you get your results back as you might not want to have to deal with that stuff for a bit.
Reply 4
Original post by Christyhorgann
I would say it's good to email them; it will lessen the things you have to do and worry about once you get your results back as you might not want to have to deal with that stuff for a bit.

I feel like they might realise I’m paranoid, plus I’m not exactly sure I’ve failed I’m jsut rlly rlly sure. Results are in 4 weeks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending