The Student Room Group

Civil Service Cyber Security Apprenticeship - Interview Prep: Help please!

Scroll to see replies

@PennyLane73 Hello Caroline! :smile: nice to meet you!

I've sent my number to you Michael :smile:
Reply 81
@CCooper1991 Thanks Caroline, I’ve seen it. I’m waiting on Steven and Caroline, then I’ll make the group of the 5 of us.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by emo94
@CCooper1991 Thanks Caroline, I’ve seen it. I’m waiting on Steven and Caroline, then I’ll make the group of the 5 of us.

I don’t think I can send a private message yet - says I have to be a member for 3 days. So I’m guessing that feature will turn on tomorrow. Will send then!
Reply 83
Hi All, make sure you submit all your necessary personal identification documents and preferred locations to the email addresses provided to us via email. I’m already having issues with my personal ID since my names differ from document to document 🤦🏾*♂️. Has to be done no later than 12pm, 6th of August if you were not aware.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 84
Original post by PennyLane73
I don’t think I can send a private message yet - says I have to be a member for 3 days. So I’m guessing that feature will turn on tomorrow. Will send then!

No worries Caroline, cheers for the update.
Original post by emo94
Hi All, make sure you submit all your necessary personal identification documents and preferred locations to the email addresses provided to us via email. I’m already having issues with my personal ID since my names differ from document to document 🤦🏾*♂️. Has to be done no later than 12pm, 6th of August if you were not aware.

Literally just did mine!! haha.
Original post by Steven248
Literally just did mine!! haha.

Hey has anyone had a positive response from them yet? I was a bit unclear about whether I could send a pdf of my bank statement as third piece of ID. It said to send scans but in the document which outlined what we could send it said no scans or online bank bank statements .... just curious if anyone has heard back and has been given a date to have the video interview about locations etc?
Reply 87
Original post by PennyLane73
Hey has anyone had a positive response from them yet? I was a bit unclear about whether I could send a pdf of my bank statement as third piece of ID. It said to send scans but in the document which outlined what we could send it said no scans or online bank bank statements .... just curious if anyone has heard back and has been given a date to have the video interview about locations etc?

All my documents were accepted that is a positive. However, they also wanted me to confirm in my email my full name including all my middle names that appeared on my birth certificate. From reading the attached document they sent to us to my understanding it states electronic documents which are typically PDFs should NOT be sent. From my understanding they have to be the original paper documents. In regards to the bank statement you may need to go to your local bank branch ask them to print off a bank statement with your address on it and then email it off.

Lastly, I’ve not been given a date about the video interview and locations yet.
Original post by emo94
All my documents were accepted that is a positive. However, they also wanted me to confirm in my email my full name including all my middle names that appeared on my birth certificate. From reading the attached document they sent to us to my understanding it states electronic documents which are typically PDFs should NOT be sent. From my understanding they have to be the original paper documents. In regards to the bank statement you may need to go to your local bank branch ask them to print off a bank statement with your address on it and then email it off.

Lastly, I’ve not been given a date about the video interview and locations yet.

Thanks that’s very helpful - I will go to my bank tomorrow and sort that out
Original post by emo94
Hi All, make sure you submit all your necessary personal identification documents and preferred locations to the email addresses provided to us via email. I’m already having issues with my personal ID since my names differ from document to document 🤦🏾*♂️. Has to be done no later than 12pm, 6th of August if you were not aware

Thank you :smile: submitted mine but need another piece of evidence with my old address on as my old address is still on my driver's license :eek:
Also minor setback today. .. I got a call saying they might not be able to offer me Sheffield anymore (which is my only choice really), so I might need to look into other options (Manchester and at a push Leeds..)
Original post by CCooper1991
Thank you :smile: submitted mine but need another piece of evidence with my old address on as my old address is still on my driver's license :eek:
Also minor setback today. .. I got a call saying they might not be able to offer me Sheffield anymore (which is my only choice really), so I might need to look into other options (Manchester and at a push Leeds..)

That's frustrating - I hope that can be sorted out for you
Original post by emo94
No worries Caroline, cheers for the update.

@emo94 No still not able to send a private message - perhaps you send me a connect message on LinkXin - sorry I've tried to send this once before but my message was declined -
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi, Not sure if this thread is active however I recently found out I was successful in being invited for the strength based interview for this years position.Can anyone offer me any insight or tips on how to do well in the interview that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hi there, I am going to sit mine soon. Is it possible of you still remember some of the strength questions that were asked
Hey both, congrats for being shortlisted. I heard a few thousand had applied for last year’s CS recruitment campaign so you’ve done really well to get this far.

I can’t remember the exact questions asked but there were a lot of “To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement -“ and the statement would be something like ‘if it’s not broken, don’t fix it.’

I remember being asked questions on:
- problem solving
- How you respond to things
- Fixing things
- Connecting with people

We had to 2 minutes to answer and you can’t re-record your answers. You can stop recording if you finish answering early.

With strength questions it’s important to display positive behaviour. That includes body language, tone and use of positive words. Use short examples to demonstrate your answer if possible but this isn’t always easy to do for strength based questions so don’t worry if you don’t do this for all of them as you can still pass this way - I did!
Original post by yung_p613
Hi there, I am going to sit mine soon. Is it possible of you still remember some of the strength questions that were asked

That’s great, I’m planning on submitting mine on Friday, let me know how it goes wish you the best of luck.
Original post by username_unknown
Hey both, congrats for being shortlisted. I heard a few thousand had applied for last year’s CS recruitment campaign so you’ve done really well to get this far.

I can’t remember the exact questions asked but there were a lot of “To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement -“ and the statement would be something like ‘if it’s not broken, don’t fix it.’

I remember being asked questions on:
- problem solving
- How you respond to things
- Fixing things
- Connecting with people

We had to 2 minutes to answer and you can’t re-record your answers. You can stop recording if you finish answering early.

With strength questions it’s important to display positive behaviour. That includes body language, tone and use of positive words. Use short examples to demonstrate your answer if possible but this isn’t always easy to do for strength based questions so don’t worry if you don’t do this for all of them as you can still pass this way - I did!

That’s great thank you for responding, just trying to plan out as much as possible in order to help, I heard a lot of users in the thread used the STAR method did that help a lot in your case when answering the questions?
Has anyone heard back from this? I got through to the assessment centre but since their email saying they'll set a date soon, have heard nothing
Original post by campinocoin
Has anyone heard back from this? I got through to the assessment centre but since their email saying they'll set a date soon, have heard nothing

Hi,

I’ve got the same email from the same stage and still heard no response so don’t worry, I’ve emailed them to see if there’s any updates but still waiting as of yet.
Interview booking is open, you have to go on civilservicejobs and look at what you've applied for because the link in the email doesn't work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending