The Student Room Group

Civil Service Cyber Security Apprenticeship - Interview Prep: Help please!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by campinocoin
Interview booking is open, you have to go on civilservicejobs and look at what you've applied for because the link in the email doesn't work

Just got the email earlier today and did the same, not sure if you can clear this up but the booking system for me says interview 1 and 2 with different dates, is the interview still just a 1 hour 30 minute session as opposed to 2 sessions?
Original post by AshtonJ0913
Just got the email earlier today and did the same, not sure if you can clear this up but the booking system for me says interview 1 and 2 with different dates, is the interview still just a 1 hour 30 minute session as opposed to 2 sessions?

I think the interview is only a single session of 1 hour 30 minutes with 4 activities. I booked a single slot and it's not letting me book any more so I will email and get back to you

edit: Should only be one session of 1 hour and 30 mins for presentation & interview. One session of written exercise is separate
(edited 1 year ago)
I've also had my interview for the Government Cyber Security Apprenticeship on 30th June. Really surprised we've not heard anything yet considering they said mine was one of the last interviews.For context, I applied and got through last year but they weren't able to place me in a chosen location. I don't think I've done well this year in my interview though.
Original post by CCooper1991
I've also had my interview for the Government Cyber Security Apprenticeship on 30th June. Really surprised we've not heard anything yet considering they said mine was one of the last interviews.For context, I applied and got through last year but they weren't able to place me in a chosen location. I don't think I've done well this year in my interview though.

Level 4 results are in, I expect to see level 6 results in about half an hour? Good luck guys
I got a place :smile:!!
Reply 105
Hi,

Hopefully someone will reply to this thread - I’ve got my interview/presentation next week. Was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice for what to expect, and how you guys were able to successfully get a role?

Thanks in advance
Reply 106
Original post by bkgm
Hi,

Hopefully someone will reply to this thread - I’ve got my interview/presentation next week. Was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice for what to expect, and how you guys were able to successfully get a role?

Thanks in advance

I'm in the same boat as you and I'm wondering how the presentation, questions and the paired excercise will be like.
Reply 107
I'm currently creating a new thread for the current scheme for the 23/24 applicants or cohort. Once that is approved by the student room I'll post the link in this forum.
Reply 108
Original post by Blu404
I'm in the same boat as you and I'm wondering how the presentation, questions and the paired excercise will be like.

For the presentation section, it is of vital importance you finish on time. Not a minute too late.

For the interview, just look at the civil service behaviours online for an EO grade. Then ensure the example you give using STAR meets a vast majority of the points listed for that behaviour.

For the paired exercise, just focus on trying to communicate clearly, reach an agreement, divide responsibilities between each other and complete the task within the time limit that is ESSENTIAL.
Reply 109
Original post by emo94
For the presentation section, it is of vital importance you finish on time. Not a minute too late.

For the interview, just look at the civil service behaviours online for an EO grade. Then ensure the example you give using STAR meets a vast majority of the points listed for that behaviour.

For the paired exercise, just focus on trying to communicate clearly, reach an agreement, divide responsibilities between each other and complete the task within the time limit that is ESSENTIAL.

Thank you, for the presentation I'm guessing we don't need to create a PowerPoint slide because it's a verbal presentation without visual aids.
Reply 110
In my year I had a verbal presentation and had PowerPoint slides. However, as it states 'verbal presentation' I guess the slides are not compulsory. Just make sure you deliver on the content asked of you and within the time limit.
Reply 111
Original post by emo94
In my year I had a verbal presentation and had PowerPoint slides. However, as it states 'verbal presentation' I guess the slides are not compulsory. Just make sure you deliver on the content asked of you and within the time limit.

Thanks so much for the help and I have another question.

For the interview questions section is it 3 questions per behaviour or is it just 3 questions total since I only have 3 behaviours I have to talk about?
Reply 112
Link to the new thread for this apprenticeship scheme 23/24-https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7348383
Reply 113
Original post by Blu404
Thank you, for the presentation I'm guessing we don't need to create a PowerPoint slide because it's a verbal presentation without visual aids.

No visual aids allowed, so no need to create PowerPoint slides. Notes allowed though.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 114
Original post by emo94
No visual aids allowed, so no need to create PowerPoint slides. Notes allowed though.

For the interview section, will they have multiple questions per behaviour?
Reply 115
Original post by emo94

Hi thanks for replying! What sort of questions did they ask you ag the end of the presentation if you remember?
Reply 116
Original post by Blu404
For the interview section, will they ithave multiple questions per behaviour?

It's been a year and a bit since I submitted so I can't really remember. I'd probably prepare for questions like which is the greatest threat and why? They'll probably commend you on your passion exhibited by your presentation and may question why cyber security as a career, etc. Maybe something along the lines of what do you think the government can do to better prepare themselves for such threats? Why do you want to work in this field for the civil service and where do you see yourself in the long-run? Basically, they could ask anything, so be prepared to think on your feet.
Reply 117
Original post by Blu404
Thanks so much for the help and I have another question.

For the interview questions section is it 3 questions per behaviour or is it just 3 questions total since I only have 3 behaviours I have to talk about?

I'm just going off on the brief sent to us via email. It seems from what they've sent us we have to answer questions based on the three behaviours. So I'm assuming three questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending