The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

How clique are the people in Brighton?

What are the people like in Brighton and why do they seem so clique? Every time I have gone there, to house parties etc, the people seem like douchebags. Has anyone else found the same?
Original post by Zackary12345
What are the people like in Brighton and why do they seem so clique? Every time I have gone there, to house parties etc, the people seem like douchebags. Has anyone else found the same?

Of course...Not everyone, but most people.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Zackary12345

Hello, I am sorry to hear that, thus far, you have not had the best social experience in Brighton. However, it is important to keep in mind that a few negative experiences do not necessarily mean that you ought to expect the same in the future. Hence, I would perhaps recommend trying out a new social activity (e.g., joining a society of your interest, or joining a gym class, etc.) that may help you to establish a few more positive new social contacts. Just to clarify are you a university student and are you completing a degree at Sussex University specifically? Either way, please do let me know if you would like some suggestions on what types of social events/activities you could engage with as a Brighton resident and/or Sussex student.

All and all, I hope that your experience of social life in Brighton does improve - I know that myself I have met numerous lovely people in Brighton; hence, it is most definitely possible and can happen for you, too! :smile:

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student, MSci with a Year Abroad)
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending