The Student Room Group

Master's Translation (and interpretation)

Hi all, I'm in the process of applying for an MA in translation and interpretation in England, but can't decide between the universities...

Which would you say are the best/most prestigious/highest viewed course etc for an MA in translation? (I'm thinking Bath, Leeds, Exeter, Manchester etc?).
Original post by Tobybromfield
Hi all, I'm in the process of applying for an MA in translation and interpretation in England, but can't decide between the universities...

Which would you say are the best/most prestigious/highest viewed course etc for an MA in translation? (I'm thinking Bath, Leeds, Exeter, Manchester etc?).

Hi @Tobybromfield

Great to hear that you're considering Bath for your postgraduate course!

I am a current Masters student at Bath, and I know the translation course (Translation and Professional Language Skills MA) has an excellent reputation. Looking at the website, graduates from this course have gone on to work at Amazon, Google, International Court of Justice, and loads more!

As I don't study translation in particular, I can't comment on the specifics of the course in particular, although it may be helpful if I tell you a little bit about student life here generally. Bath itself is really beautiful, and a very safe place to live. There's a huge amount of green space both in the city and around the university, with the bigger, more lively city of Bristol only a 15 minute train journey away! At Bath, we have around 100 student groups, sports, and societies at the university which makes it so easy to meet other students with similar interests. One of the massive strengths at Bath is our fantastic careers service and our wellbeing services so you really do feel well supported throughout your time as a student. I've been at Bath for 5 years now, as I completed my undergraduate course here, so I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about student life at Bath or being a postgraduate student here?

Let me know if you have any further questions which could help with your decision!

Meg
Msc Applied Clinical Psychology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending