The Student Room Group

Warwick vs exeter for bsc accounting and finance

Scroll to see replies

how can you say I mean the fee difference is huge right
If they have 27K/year to spend without getting into financial difficulty!
Original post by _venom_
how can you say I mean the fee difference is huge right

I don't think he read your original post and is aware of your fee status situation! Or maybe he just has the money and assumes everyone is in the same lucky position.Unreal!
Original post by Nobody2u
I don't think he read your original post and is aware of your fee status situation! Or maybe he just has the money and assumes everyone is in the same lucky position.Unreal!

haha yes maybe😂

are you done with your accounting and finance course at Loughborough?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 25
I did Economics years ago, but finished and got London offers from all the big 4 and qualified straight through. So I'm sure you'll have no problems. Just enjoy whichever Uni you choose, concentrate on one thing at a time, and the rest will fall into place. By the way, if you don't mind me asking, you're living in which country? (This is my DD's account but it's Nobody2U answering!)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Euapp
I did Economics years ago, but finished and got London offers from all the big 4 and qualified straight through. So I'm sure you'll have no problems. Just enjoy whichever Uni you choose, concentrate on one thing at a time, and the rest will fall into place. By the way, if you don't mind me asking, you're living in which country?

I currently reside in India but I'm a uk citizen and I've lived there for most of my life...thanks for the advice 👍
Reply 27
I understand better your fee status problem!! Difficult!!
How do you know how long the difficulty of financing an extra 50K will last, and the impact it could have on an entire family!! If there's no SFE to help out, not everyone has wealthy families!! There is no disputing the advantages of Warwick if the fee statuses were the same, but you're being very offhand about real life considerations!!
yeah ig...but the fee for warwick is three time more I can complete my post grad with that cash
Any rationale for that? The entry standards for accounting at Warwick are not that high - it’s not like getting into their maths/ cs courses.
It’s now that you need to start thinking about your career trajectory, venom. In other words, accountancy is a great field to be in, but which area of interest are you aiming to create an impact in? Once you have this question thoroughly answered, you can assess the situation you are in with more detail in terms of choosing between two schools. In economics and game theory, they call this approach backward induction.

Well done and keep up the good work

Yours Truly
UAC
Original post by UAC
It’s now that you need to start thinking about your career trajectory, venom. In other words, accountancy is a great field to be in, but which area of interest are you aiming to create an impact in? Once you have this question thoroughly answered, you can assess the situation you are in with more detail in terms of choosing between two schools. In economics and game theory, they call this approach backward induction.

Well done and keep up the good work

Yours Truly
UAC

thank you for the advice...the thing is I don't know for sure what I want to do as I don't have any work experience in anything...I don't want to stop at accounting, rather take it up as a base and go onto finance and investment banking. I want to do my mba in finance and probably do a cfa after. As I'm doing my acca right now I would need work experience to become a member and in warwick I've seen many internships and the uni has a huge brand image for its business school... I want employers, which are said to be alumini of warwick, to hire me for the various internships I apply to and this may even help me bulid up my cv. I don't mind paying a few extra pounds for all this but I don't know if it's really worth paying 27k as opposed to 9k
I mean for undergrad. I think everyone with decent estimated grades get an offer. I doubt that the pg accounting courses are particularly competitive - at least from candidates working in the U.K.
Just to note that the difference in fees is unlikely to materialise. If one uni has found you to be a Home fees payer, it's more than likely that the others will in due course. You just need to be aware that you are accepting the terms of the offer as it stands now, with a view to the fee status likely changing, (but not 100% guaranteed).
Original post by Admit-One
Just to note that the difference in fees is unlikely to materialise. If one uni has found you to be a Home fees payer, it's more than likely that the others will in due course. You just need to be aware that you are accepting the terms of the offer as it stands now, with a view to the fee status likely changing, (but not 100% guaranteed).

Yes but the thing is my situation here is very subjective to my application and unis use the ukcisa guidlines to update my fee status...I've read those guidlines and it clearly states on their site that for cases like mine the uni has the choice of taking the decision so the university of warwick myt in fact deem it fit to consider me as an international applicant...
You are completely right. For British citizens resident in India predicting fee status is difficult. The guidelines for British residents in Europe are quite clear cut, but for India it's more complicated and depends on the Unis interpretation of your ties with the U.K.
You are completely right. For British citizens resident in India predicting fee status is difficult. The guidelines for British residents in Europe are quite clear cut, but for India it's more complicated and depends on the Unis interpretation of your ties with the U.K.

Yes exactly
Reply 38
OP, could you, please, tell me which one did you choose to go to in the end? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending