The Student Room Group

Not sure if eligble

Hi guys,

I'm a graduate hoping to go for a postgrad; I've just been accepted for my masters but I'm not sure if I'd be entitled for funding:

I had one years funding for a HNC that I completed, and a further 3 years for my undergraduate, and I'm not sure if I can get a loan for my postgraduate.

Can someone advise me on this?

Thanks x
Hey! I'm also in the same boat so I couldn't give you anything concrete. If you're trying to get funding through Student Finance however, this is what I found on the Gov website which may help:

You will not be able to get a Postgraduate Master’s Loan if:
- You’re already getting payments from Student Finance England for another course that you’re studying
- You’ve received a loan or grant for a master’s course before - unless you got a Disabled Students’ Allowance or you left your course for a serious personal reason like illness or bereavement
- You already have a master’s degree, or a qualification that’s equivalent or higher
- You’re behind in repayments for any previous loans from the Student Loans Company

As a HNC is equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor's degree I want to say you will still be able to get some funding for your postgrad but I'm just going off what is on the website. Student Finance for Postgraduates isn't open yet but I think your best bet is to check back once they are (they should be opening soon as the website says Summer 21). :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending