The Student Room Group

Enquiry about Oxbridge application

Hello guys! I am in year 11 now and I am currently taking the GCSE. The main thing is I have just moved to the UK for four months and I still have to take the exam this summer. This is really rush and very unfair for me because a normal student would have 3 years to study for the GCSE exam. So I cannot ensure that all my subjects got A-A*. I am doing only 6 subjects and I can only sure that 4 of it will be an A*. I want to ask that will oxbridge take the fact that I come to this country late into consideration? Are there any chance to get into oxbridge if I got 3 A* at A-level?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello guys! I am in year 11 now and I am currently taking the GCSE. The main thing is I have just moved to the UK for four months and I still have to take the exam this summer. This is really rush and very unfair for me because a normal student would have 3 years to study for the GCSE exam. So I cannot ensure that all my subjects got A-A*. I am doing only 6 subjects and I can only sure that 4 of it will be an A*. I want to ask that will oxbridge take the fact that I come to this country late into consideration? Are there any chance to get into oxbridge if I got 3 A* at A-level?

You might fall under minimum requirements you should check with them.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous139

You might fall under minimum requirements you should check with them.

what do u mean?? anyway, tks for your reply
Original post by Anonymous #1

what do u mean?? anyway, tks for your reply

You get standard entry requirements which will be like 9gcses or whatever. But if you faces any challenges outwith your control or things alike you may be eligble for the minimum requirements which are lower requirements you should probably email oxford or cambridge to find out more because id imagine without that 6 gcse wont suffice.
Have it mentioned on your reference, they'll take note of it.
First of all, have you looked at any courses on the Oxford or Cambridge websites?

For Cambridge, you will not usually find any GCSE entry requirements apart from a pass in English and Maths. Cambridge will look at your GCSE grades but they have no set criteria.

Oxford do, and they vary. But they aren't all 8s or 9s (except Medicine)

As the user further up said, make sure the circumstances about your arrival to the UK are included in your UCAS reference

And remember that Oxford or Cambridge is just 1 out of 5 universities you can apply to in UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending