The Student Room Group

Applying for ABB and AAB (BBB with contextual) courses with ABC

I have ABC predicted and want to play for an ABB course at loughborough. I am also eligble for the contextual offer at queen mary due to my sixth form meaning i should be able to apply using BBB. Will i be able to since i have one grade higher and one grade lower meaning i have the same ucas points, and for lboro im only down by one grade?
Original post by r.mittra
I have ABC predicted and want to play for an ABB course at loughborough. I am also eligble for the contextual offer at queen mary due to my sixth form meaning i should be able to apply using BBB. Will i be able to since i have one grade higher and one grade lower meaning i have the same ucas points, and for lboro im only down by one grade?

Yes you can apply. Whether they will make you an offer is totally different. Universities like these dont use the ucas points system so you cannot try and balance your grades out. However most universities make reach or aspirational offers and often accept dropped grades on result day. Nobody can tell you whether you will get an offer as it depends on the numbers applying with the correct grades. You have nothing to lose by applying but make sure some of your choices are at the required grades
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
Yes you can apply. Whether they will make you an offer is totally different. Universities like these dont use the ucas points system so you cannot try and balance your grades out. However most universities make reach or aspirational offers and often accept dropped grades on result day. Nobody can tell you whether you will get an offer as it depends on the numbers applying with the correct grades. You have nothing to lose by applying but make sure some of your choices are at the required grades

okay thanks
Reply 3
Which course?
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
Which course?

The course is robotics
Reply 5
The course is robotics

ok - thats not particularly heavily subscribed so worth a go.
Reply 6
Original post by ajj2000
ok - thats not particularly heavily subscribed so worth a go.

Thanks. Also, is the uni guide website accurate? i searched a foundation engineering course at queen mary and it says that the offers given to students had the grades of BBC even though entry requirements are BBB so what is the accuracy of this?
Reply 7
Thanks. Also, is the uni guide website accurate? i searched a foundation engineering course at queen mary and it says that the offers given to students had the grades of BBC even though entry requirements are BBB so what is the accuracy of this?

I don't know if it is reliable. Its much safer to check the website.
Reply 8
Original post by ajj2000
I don't know if it is reliable. Its much safer to check the website.

okay thank you very much
okay thank you very much

Nearly all universities accept dropped grades. A couple of years ago I read 40% of students got in with 2 or more grades below the published ones. It is very likely it is correct.
Reply 10
Original post by swanseajack1
Nearly all universities accept dropped grades. A couple of years ago I read 40% of students got in with 2 or more grades below the published ones. It is very likely it is correct.

Good to know thanks

Hi @r.mittra,

Great to hear you're interested in studying at Loughborough. I just wanted to say that if you have any questions about studying at Loughborough, let us know 🙂 If you have any admissions questions, I would recommend emailing [email protected].

Hope this helps!

Lindsay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending