The Student Room Group

FDM Group, Degree Apprenticeships

My son has recently applied for a degree apprenticeship (3yrs) with FDM. The degree is fully funded and he receives an apprenticeships salary. The degree is part time at Sheffield Hallam and the training takes place at FDM Academy in Leeds. He has a video interview next week. After three years you will be placed witha company as an IT Consultant. Anyone have any experience of FDM apprenticeships within the UK? If you get placed with a company do you have to accept that?
Reply 1
Original post by SairRiley
My son has recently applied for a degree apprenticeship (3yrs) with FDM. The degree is fully funded and he receives an apprenticeships salary. The degree is part time at Sheffield Hallam and the training takes place at FDM Academy in Leeds. He has a video interview next week. After three years you will be placed witha company as an IT Consultant. Anyone have any experience of FDM apprenticeships within the UK? If you get placed with a company do you have to accept that?

did he get in?
Reply 2
Original post by HA8210
did he get in?

At the video interview he was told there were several more candidates to interview and they’d be in touch if he was successful. In the meantime another Company got in touch and following a face to face interview was offered an apprenticeship. He accepted the offer. Several weeks later Sheffield Hallam contacted him to offer him a place but he politely declined the offer as he was settled at the other Company. If he’d been given a rough time frame on when he should expect to hear from them he might have held off. However, he now has a permanent position with the Company he did the apprenticeship with.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
[QUOTE="HA8210;98389864"]did he get in?[/QUOTE

At the end of the video interview he was told there were several other candidates awaiting interview and they would be in touch if he was successful. In the meantime he had an interview with another Company who offered him an apprenticeship. He took that job. Sheffield Hallam phoned him a few weeks later to offer him the position. He thanked them for the offer but declined this as he was settled at the other Company. He may have held off if it had been made clear to him when he might hear back from them but he didn’t want to wait in case nothing came of it.
Reply 4
Original post by SairRleeds
Original post by HA8210
did he get in?[/QUOTE

At the end of the video interview he was told there were several other candidates awaiting interview and they would be in touch if he was successful. In the meantime he had an interview with another Company who offered him an apprenticeship. He took that job. Sheffield Hallam phoned him a few weeks later to offer him the position. He thanked them for the offer but declined this as he was settled at the other Company. He may have held off if it had been made clear to him when he might hear back from them but he didn’t want to wait in case nothing came of it.

What month was this in. Because I just applied around 7 days ago and it seems as though the applications just opened 10 days ago
Reply 5
My son applied in June 2021 and got offered the place in August 2021 on “A level/BTEC results day”. At interview he wasn’t told that he would be contacted on results day if he was successful, he was just told he’d be notified at some point if successful. Since he hadn’t heard anything from them he took the other job.
Reply 6
My son applied in June 2021 and got offered the place in August 2021 on “A level/BTEC results day”. At interview he wasn’t told that he would be contacted on results day if he was successful, he was just told he’d be notified at some point if successful. Since he hadn’t heard anything from them he took the other job.

Thank you so much. That's really helpful I was panicking because I thought I applied too late (a week ago) but I guess not. What was the interview process like if you don't mind me asking, how many rounds of interviews were there. I tried looking it up but I can't find any info on it
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 7
It was still around covid, so he had a telephone interview and then a video interview, that’s all.
Good luck!
Reply 8
It was still around covid, so he had a telephone interview and then a video interview, that’s all.
Good luck!

thanks for all the help
Reply 9
at month/months were the interview held in
Reply 10
June

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending