The Student Room Group

2:2 but want a career in IT Technical Support

Hi I obtained a 2:2 Bachelors of Science Degree in Computing and Network Technology. I want to pursue a career as a IT Technical Support 1st/2nd line I was wondering if anyone had an advice to how I can apply for this job, any places that are best to look for these specific jobs and is the requirements demanding or high for these type of jobs I heard these type of jobs require great attention to focus and communication as well as customer service skills so please provide any tips or advice I really want to start on this career as soon as possible and I have even considered an apprenticeship too.
Reply 1
Have you considered using jobsites like Indeed and simply applying for them?
https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=it+technical+support&l=&from=searchOnHP&vjk=b2060a31df44cbac
Original post by hotpud
Have you considered using jobsites like Indeed and simply applying for them?
https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=it+technical+support&l=&from=searchOnHP&vjk=b2060a31df44cbac

Hi I’ve been using Indeed yet the responses haven’t been encouraging at the same time would you say this time of job is demanding or can easily be obtained…
Reply 3
Original post by Mohammed_80
Hi I’ve been using Indeed yet the responses haven’t been encouraging at the same time would you say this time of job is demanding or can easily be obtained…

Does your CV list all the skills they are requesting? Also, could you ring around and offer a week's work for free as a trial and at the least you will have some work experience.
You could try tech consultancies like FDM group (require 2.2 minimimum which means you qualify), kubrick group, infosys, sparta global etc...

Essentially they train people up and put them into companies. I know there are some people who say avoid them but there are also some people who now work for great companies after being placed. Its for you to do your research and decide.

Edit: I see you have been posting the same question many times over the past few months. I understand that finding a graduate job is hard but you just have to keep applying. It is a numbers game.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending