The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Accomodation

I've recently firmed the University of Edinburgh, but am really unsure of what accommodation to put down. I have a shortlist for some halls that I like and I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me any pros and cons of them, the reputation, how sociable people usually are and also which ones are likely to have the most medical students.

The halls are: College Wynd, East Newington Place, Fraser Court, Hermit's Croft, Kincaid's Court, New Arthur Place, Nicholson St and South College Street, Robertson's Close, Sciennes, South Clerk Street, Warrender Park Crescent and Warrender Park Road.
Original post by Xtimixo
I've recently firmed the University of Edinburgh, but am really unsure of what accommodation to put down. I have a shortlist for some halls that I like and I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me any pros and cons of them, the reputation, how sociable people usually are and also which ones are likely to have the most medical students.

The halls are: College Wynd, East Newington Place, Fraser Court, Hermit's Croft, Kincaid's Court, New Arthur Place, Nicholson St and South College Street, Robertson's Close, Sciennes, South Clerk Street, Warrender Park Crescent and Warrender Park Road.

I would intend to think that the most medical students will be in the following places :- College Wynd, Nicolson Street, South College St, South Clark St because all close to city centre and the university building at College St & the McEwan's building, although the others will have some students from medical courses.
Warrender Pk Rd & Cresent & also Robertson's Close ( sciennes ) are still on threshold of city centre for entertainment and other stuff - these places maybe quieter as on the edge of city centre compared to others which is basically in the city centre area and more busier places and link to public transport etc.

I would suggest if possible do some more research on what one's are best for medical students to see which ones will be better for yourself - if you want to be closer to city centre then those I said is ideal for this,

I don't know the cons & pros of them as not Edinburgh university student as I'm studying in another Edinburgh university for nursing. I'm a edinburgh resident so not in student accommodation.

I know that Warrender park area is nice and access to big open spaces to relax on sunny day, if it was myself chosing somewhere I would probably favour there.

It what you are wanting from the halls and surrounding area for to make your experience good for you is the thing for you to decide.

Enjoy your course and whatever halls residence you chose okay and also hospitality of the city of Edinburgh as well x
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Xtimixo

I have spoken about accommodation in other posts so you can look at those on my profile (also, just scroll through this thread for previous discussions and opinions). The one thing I will highlight from the previous post however is that the location of Robertson's Close is clearly not where Littleemma98 thinks it is. Robertson's Close is on Cowgate, not Sciences, and is directly above a bar. Please do not think this is a quiet place to live!

As an aside, I don't know that there is anywhere that favours particular degrees. Plus, you'll find that being in accommodation with people on your degree isn't particularly important in the end because you can just meet up elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending