The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Question about international student self isolation after arriving UK

Does Sussex provide place for self isolation?

It says that dormitory move in date is 18th September and the course starts at 20th September. Since international student have to self isolate for 10days, I was wondering if international student could move in before the official move in date.
Reply 1
Original post by conorjpd1
Hi,

What country will you be arriving from?

Have you received an unconditional offer yet?

From South Korea(Amber list country) and yes I received an unconditional offer.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Anonymous
Does Sussex provide place for self isolation?

It says that dormitory move in date is 18th September and the course starts at 20th September. Since international student have to self isolate for 10days, I was wondering if international student could move in before the official move in date.

Hello, thank you for your question.

Yes, Sussex does provide rooms for self-isolation and the residential team will be there to support you throughout this period. Normally, you would be contacted by phone within 3 days of your arrival to check on how you are doing. You are encouraged to email [email protected] as soon as possible if you miss this call.

The Details of the Support Available:

If you choose to stay on campus, supermarkets will deliver right up to the front door of your flats and our porters will deliver post. Some takeaway options will also be available, e.g., Just Eat, the Falmer Bar run by the Sussex Students’ Union and The Pizza Station (next to Falmer Station call 07595 465139 or 01273 983988 for delivery and pay over the phone). Furthermore, if you’re self-isolating on campus, you can also get an optional subsidised meal plan costing £10 a day that you can order to your residence. In addition, on campus, you can ask for over-the-counter medicines and prescriptions to be delivered by the Campus Pharmacy (Call 01273 699883 or mobile 07859 917828 and pay over the phone). Moreover, you can buy kitchen packs containing cutlery and cooking utensils to be delivered to you. Bedding packs, ordered in advance, can also be placed in your room for when you arrive (if you live on-campus). The cost (£38) is added to your student account. A pack includes a sheet, duvet and cover, pillow and case. You can also ask your building manager for one on arrival. Lastly, if you want to set up a bank account while you self-isolate, you’ll need to do this online.

Our recommended options are:

Monzo the quickest option to set up and you will receive your bank card within five working days. You can use PayPal to transfer money from your international account to Monzo.
Santander this may take longer to set up and receive your bank card.
You’ll need your passport (with valid visa if applicable) or EU identity card.

With regard to second part of your question, myself, I am not sure if you will be able to move-in before the official arrival date. I would recommend contacting Sussex Housing Team ([email protected]). They should be able to provide you with all the needed information.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions :smile:.

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student MSci with a Year Abroad)
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending