The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

University of Sussex beds

Kind of strange question I know, but to anyone who knows:
How are the mattresses in the on-campus accommodation, like are they replaced regularly & what are they like comfort-wise?
Original post by Anonymous
Kind of strange question I know, but to anyone who knows:
How are the mattresses in the on-campus accommodation, like are they replaced regularly & what are they like comfort-wise?

Hello, thank you for your question.

In terms of the comfort of mattresses, I would say that it varies between the different accommodation types. For instance, myself I have found that beds were more comfortable in the pricier en-suite flats such East Slope and Northfield than in the cheaper shared-bathroom flats such as the Kent House (no longer offered) or Norwich. I would say that you are probably most likely to find the best beds in East Slope, since these flats are brand new. However, if you have a mattress comforter (like I have actually brought one for me), it will certainly help no matter which accommodation you end up living in!

Regarding how often the mattresses are replaced, unfortunately, I do not know the answer. But you are more than welcome to email the Sussex Housing Team ([email protected]) and I am sure they will be more than happy to provide you with this information. Also, if you arrive on campus and are dissatisfied with the quality of the mattresses or any other aspects of your accommodation, it is always worth discussing the matter with the Housing Team, since it may aid in promoting a positive change!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions :smile:.

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student MSci with a Year Abroad)
(edited 2 years ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
I haven’t done this myself but I’ve heard a lot of people discuss bringing a mattress topper to make it more comfy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending