The Student Room Group

Car insurance student/part time job

If I’m filling out car insurance forms online and it asks whether I’m employed, student etc what would I put? As I’m part time employed but I’m still a student who lives at home for uni. My hours will reduce once uni restarts again
(edited 2 years ago)
I'd say you should put that you're a student.

There should be a way to state that you're both a student and employed though
Reply 2
Original post by TheYearNiner

There isn’t which is weird it doesn’t even allow to say whether you’re full time or part time
Original post by Izzyzy
There isn’t which is weird it doesn’t even allow to say whether you’re full time or part time

@IWMTom

maybe he can help ^
Original post by TheYearNiner

You'd be surprised at the amount of forms that don't let you select both employed and student. It's bugged me for years. :lol:
Original post by Izzyzy
If I’m filling out car insurance forms online and it asks whether I’m employed, student etc what would I put? As I’m part time employed but I’m still a student who lives at home for uni. My hours will reduce once uni restarts again

I would say to put that you're employed. Your insurance will worry that you're unemployed and won't be able to afford repayments if you say you're a student. I've always selected employed > student.
Reply 5
Original post by -Eirlys-
I would say to put that you're employed. Your insurance will worry that you're unemployed and won't be able to afford repayments if you say you're a student. I've always selected employed > student.

Thing is it’s actually cheaper for me to say student than employed but I don’t want to get in trouble for not putting the correct terminology. Plus it’s not even a long term job I could quit whenever
Reply 6
Original post by Izzyzy

Student with a secondary occupation if the form permits. If it doesn't have a secondary option, you are predominantly a student so that is the correct selection.
Reply 7
Original post by IWMTom
Student with a secondary occupation if the form permits. If it doesn't have a secondary option, you are predominantly a student so that is the correct selection.

Ok thanks
Original post by Izzyzy
Thing is it’s actually cheaper for me to say student than employed but I don’t want to get in trouble for not putting the correct terminology. Plus it’s not even a long term job I could quit whenever

Ring them up and ask which one you should put and whether they can reduce the price for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending