The Student Room Group
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David

UCAS automatic decline

Was wondering if I could get some advice please.. my son applied for a place at uni and has been waiting months for uni to make a decision.. we’ve also phoned the uni (few months back) and was told there’s nothing to worry about and that we just needed to wait for uni to make their decision etc

Well today is the deadline and my son has had an automatic decline from UCAS…

So naturally we’re a little worried as this is what he’s been working hard on for 4 years to get a place at uni..

Does this auto decline mean that’s it? Does the university have to give a reason why they’ve not responded? Has anyone ver experienced this and gone on to have an offer?
Original post by Xathenax
Was wondering if I could get some advice please.. my son applied for a place at uni and has been waiting months for uni to make a decision.. we’ve also phoned the uni (few months back) and was told there’s nothing to worry about and that we just needed to wait for uni to make their decision etc

Well today is the deadline and my son has had an automatic decline from UCAS…

So naturally we’re a little worried as this is what he’s been working hard on for 4 years to get a place at uni..

Does this auto decline mean that’s it? Does the university have to give a reason why they’ve not responded? Has anyone ver experienced this and gone on to have an offer?

Your son needs to speak to someone at the university to find out what went wrong. They might be willing to reconsider him through clearing but that depends on why his application didn’t get assessed on time. He’s going to need to speak to someone senior in admissions so it might mean a few phone calls and asking for a manager to call back.
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending