The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

I need advice on what to do concerning missing my enrolment deadline for Durham!

I’ve been really daft and didn’t realise I had to confirm my enrolment for Durham on their portal as well as on UCAS. My placement would have been for 2024 so as it’s still far away, the thought kind of escaped me and didn’t realise it had already timed out. I know this was stupid of me, but I was distracted in Indonesia (with little internet too) and hadn’t really thought too much about university after results day because I still wanted to apply for more universities in the new year. However I still want the safety of my Durham placement and I’m terrified of losing it. Does anyone know if there’s a chance of me still being accepted again? I’ve been sent into clearing. I know I should call them up but I’m really anxious because this is like the most idiotic thing a person could do and I’m not sure how to professionally go around it. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks
Original post by pockypu
I’ve been really daft and didn’t realise I had to confirm my enrolment for Durham on their portal as well as on UCAS. My placement would have been for 2024 so as it’s still far away, the thought kind of escaped me and didn’t realise it had already timed out. I know this was stupid of me, but I was distracted in Indonesia (with little internet too) and hadn’t really thought too much about university after results day because I still wanted to apply for more universities in the new year. However I still want the safety of my Durham placement and I’m terrified of losing it. Does anyone know if there’s a chance of me still being accepted again? I’ve been sent into clearing. I know I should call them up but I’m really anxious because this is like the most idiotic thing a person could do and I’m not sure how to professionally go around it. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks

Were you wanting to apply for more UK universities this year? You wouldn't be able to do this while holding a Durham place as you cannot have two active UCAS applications.
But if you want your Durham place then just give them a ring, state you have a deferred offer and have been unable to accept it via the portal, what should you do next? They'll have this kind of situation all the time, so I'm sure they'll have a set policy on it which they'll be able to walk you through.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Lemur14
Were you wanting to apply for more UK universities this year? You wouldn't be able to do this while holding a Durham place as you cannot have two active UCAS applications.
But if you want your Durham place then just give them a ring, state you have a deferred offer and have been unable to accept it via the portal, what should you do next? They'll have this kind of situation all the time, so I'm sure they'll have a set policy on it which they'll be able to walk you through.

Thank you so much for this informative response. I was wanting to apply for more universities this year and wasn’t aware that you couldn’t do that holding a Durham place. I was actually able to into the portal and confirm my offer but since It already said they released my offer last week in my emails I’m not sure if the confirmation of my placement went though. I was emailed an automatic response of having confirmed my placement but I’m not sure if that means I’m definitely in. I’ll still ring them but I was wondering from you if this is a positive sign or if it means nothing. I’d also like your adviceif I’m able to decline and reapply for the same course at Durham next year along other applications and if it’s likely to be considered less? Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest