The Student Room Group

Foundation Year at Cambridge 2022

Scroll to see replies

Also i’m going to be studying an access course this year after being out of education for years! 😬
Did anyone with an offer take the same route? :smile:
Original post by charelizaf
Also i’m going to be studying an access course this year after being out of education for years! 😬
Did anyone with an offer take the same route? :smile:

Hi,

Yes, I also did an access course. I think it’s a brilliant route for mature students who have been out of education due to various reasons.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

Yes, I also did an access course. I think it’s a brilliant route for mature students who have been out of education due to various reasons.

Aww nice!
Yeah I had to drop out of my a-levels for multiple reasons.
Did you get an offer after you got your grades? :smile:
Aww nice!
Yeah I had to drop out of my a-levels for multiple reasons.
Did you get an offer after you got your grades? :smile:

I completed my course before I forwarded an application. I was going to apply for direct entry, as I met the requirements, but I felt the FY would equip me with key study skills vital for further education.
How many of you got an offer or even an interview with just predicted grades? It seems like a lot of you already had your grades

I don’t think predicted vs achieved grades changed anything. There is a mix of people who are still doing A-Levels and those who have finished.
People were accepted purely because of their academic potential and performance during the selection process.
They didn’t favour those with achieved grades more than those with predicted.
omg did anyone get accepted here? how did the process go and what did you initially apply for?
Original post by moonlight333
omg did anyone get accepted here? how did the process go and what did you initially apply for?

Lots of people got accepted here, but this thread isn’t very active anymore.

The process was long and difficult, included interviews and written assessments.

As for ‘what did you initially apply for?’. I’m not sure what you’re asking? People applied directly to the foundation year, it’s not the type of thing that you get put in if, for example, you applied to but didn’t get accepted into undergraduate study.
Lots of people got accepted here, but this thread isn’t very active anymore.

The process was long and difficult, included interviews and written assessments.

As for ‘what did you initially apply for?’. I’m not sure what you’re asking? People applied directly to the foundation year, it’s not the type of thing that you get put in if, for example, you applied to but didn’t get accepted into undergraduate study.

Thank you for your response. I meant to say what did you apply to on UCAS and what was your personal statement about. (For example was it in english or law or something else?)
Original post by moonlight333
Thank you for your response. I meant to say what did you apply to on UCAS and what was your personal statement about. (For example was it in english or law or something else?)

To apply to this course on UCAS you apply to the Foundation Year in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.

For all my other choices, I was applying for theology, so my personal statement was on that subject.

Once you submit your UCAS application, within a couple of days the FY team will send you a form to fill out called the FYSAQ. This is where you'll talk about why you want to do the foundation year at Cambridge, since your personal statement will have been written for a specific subject at any university.

If you're thinking of applying, don't worry about the fact that your personal statement has nothing to do with the foundation year.
Hiya

I'd really appreciate if you could advise what grades/ predicted grades you applied with and whether you received an offer or not?

Kind regards
Hiya

I'd really appreciate if you could advise what grades/ predicted grades you applied with and whether you received an offer or not?

Kind regards

Do NOT worry about predicted grades. All that matters is that you meet the 120 ucas points. There are people who got on with 3 A’s or above and people who got on with 3 Bs. People who got two A’s and a C. Everyone who has 120 ucas points and above is given completely equal consideration - from there, what matters is your submitted work and performance in interviews.
Hi everyone, just to say there is a new Cam Foundation Year thread for 2023 applicants :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7293716&p=97916042#post97916042
Reply 972
I also didn't get an offer but I'm more disappointed in myself than frustrated at any external factor. I accept Cambridge's decision and it is pretty humbling - I am now considering reapplying next year. I will hopefully have the safety net of other uni's so it won't actually be that big of a risk. One thing I am pretty sad about is that I feel that they didn't tell us that the subject we have in mind will impact the chance of successful application. In the email I received it specifically outlined that one reason I failed to get an offer was due to the quantity of applicants interested in my subject - I wish the FY team were more upfront about this as it kinda seems mega important in how we shape our applications.

Also, if some students dont meet their conditions and others choose to not firm the FY, will the Uni fill those spaces up with currently unsuccessful candidates?

Hi, did you end up reapplying?
if some students dont meet their conditions and others choose to not firm the FY, will the Uni fill those spaces up with currently unsuccessful candidates?
Original post by HUSEYIN100
if some students dont meet their conditions and others choose to not firm the FY, will the Uni fill those spaces up with currently unsuccessful candidates?
As far as I know yes but I'm not sure exactly how it works. I think after results came out some people who orignally did not get in got offers when a few people did not meet the conditions but I don't think all the spaces were filled? Your best bet is to email the FY course, they can give you more clarity.
Original post by HUSEYIN100
I'm quite sure this is not the case. The FY does not use clearing or the autumn pool, so no, I do not think they fill up spaces by giving offers to those they've already rejected (neither do they consider anyone new)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending