The Student Room Group
BPP University
BPP University

LPC Pre-Module Reading

Hello,

I have received my first SGS activity, in advance of September, but I was wondering if anyone who has finished the LPC at BPP could please offer any tips about making notes?

I’ve been told that the SGS is mainly where my consolidation should be, on account of the applicability to the LPC exams.
However, I have also been going over property law such as easements, restrictive and positive covenants, right of way etc just to refresh my memory.

Is this likely to be useful, or should I direct my pre-reading to the fact patterns?
Reply 1
I'm a LPC student who's now currently on the electives term.

The way I managed (I got a distinction in my core exams) was do all the prep (reading of the chapters, statutes, sections) and then make most of the notes on the specific prep (apart from the chapters) they give you in the SGS checklist before the SGS. After the SGS, go through the activities and solutions and then consolidate by making notes on these. In the exams, they primarily base their questions on these SGS activities/questions so make sure you're really familiar with them. Don't worry about knowing everything in the chapters unless it's really focused on in the SGSs, there's just too much information otherwise.

I also found it really helpful to use the online portal to do the pre-sgs and post-sgs activities as part of my revision/consolidation. A few of these also came up in the exam. They do also give you quite a lot of consolidation material at the end, especially for BLP. It's a lot of work so just try and stay afloat and not fall behind as that's when it gets really difficult. Good luck!
BPP University
BPP University
It might be a bit too late to respond but I hope you find my advise useful. I'm an LPC-LLM student in my final term.

My method was basically this: First, I summarised the workbook and cut out anything unnecessary (this took me a while as the BLP workbook is 500+ pages). Once that was done, I looked at the examiner's report for each module. There is a notice on these reports to say that these should not be used for revising, but I have found them immensely helpful as these reports tell you what the examiner is expecting to see in your exam paper. They also help you solving problem questions so I tried to do this before going into the SGSs. Just make sure that you don't rely on them without having your own notes ready, but rather use them to streamline your notes.

BPP will give you solutions once the SGS is completed, so always go back to look at these and incorporate them in your notes. What they told you is true, there will never be an exam question that you haven't discussed in the SGSs, so if you find that you didn't have the time to summarise the workbook chapters before class, you can just skip that step and just rely on the SGS solutions. This will only be a problem if you don't understand something but you can always go back and read up on that point in the chapter. Another tip I could give you is to look into buying revision notes online, they are rated so you can see what other students said about each note.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending