The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ItaFrancoUK
First post on the forum and must say I am pleasantly surprised at the amount of people interested in History of Art :smile:
Being the only one having applied for it from my College didn't think it'd be too popular a choice
and even though it doesn't seem it, still great to see others with a same interest
Nottingham Open Day on Wednesday anyone?
Followed by Manchester on the 4th?

I'm going to Nottingham on wednesday too! didn't apply for manchester. I was the only one who applied for art history from my college too.
~radonoghue~
I'm going to Nottingham on wednesday too! didn't apply for manchester. I was the only one who applied for art history from my college too.

Ace!
I might see you there then
I'm not hard to miss with the long hair! :rolleyes:
Art Historians seem to be a dying breed it seems though
haha
Reply 262
Hey Me30 and Jassameen!!!! so nice to see some other people with Courtauld offers!!! I was so shocked but so so so happy when i got my offer in less than 24 hours!!!!

is it 1st chice for boith of you?! we should meet up for coffee, or maybe quickly nip onto the ice rink before they take it away!!!!

Love, Katie x
Reply 263
Ahhhh, I hate to lower the tone but I'm finishing up my questionnaire (which has almost killed me) and I'm wondering what people think about doing it on the computer? I answered all the questions on it, then came to write them up (in my finest handwriting!) but realised my answers don't at all fit in the spaces..

So I'm thinking of just adding in the questions above the answers I've typed then printing it off? d'you think that's passable, or will they kick up a fuss because I haven't used my quill and ink?
Reply 264
Ahhhh Lowkesa i had the same problem...
I did it all on the comp! And went over ridiculously! Seriously...it ended up being 2 full pages typed! And yeah just add the questions and you'll be fine...
How's it going otherwise?
And Katie! Yeah we should for sure! Coffee, maybe a gallery...lol! I'm so excited now!!!!
Lowkesa...i'm now praying you get in to! When you get invite for interview you must let us all know when it is!
x
Reply 265
Lowkesa - thats fiiine - i completely screwed up mine - i started writing in the boxes for like 3 answers, and then switched. So most of it was typed up... the combination looked really random - so i think it's best if you do just type it all. :smile:
Reply 266
congratulations Jasmine and Me30! (and anyone else who has had good news regarding the C)) still nearly a month until my interview :s-smilie: anyone else got theirs on the 18th feb? darn having an exam on the 21st!
Reply 267
You've both saved me hours. Thank you!

I feel like the odd one out now. Gotta get a place for the team! Can't go letting the side down.. hah, congratulations once again :biggrin:
Reply 268
lol yes you do! And i have every faith you won't let the side down!
good luck again and thanks :biggrin:!
x
I've a applied for a joint masters in History of Art with Geography at Glasgow, got accepted just need to make up my mind where i really want to go!
Reply 270
I've got an offer from Glasgow too!
Reply 271
Congrats Lowkesa and rosie9391!
Reply 272
omg i just found this thread by chance...i've also applied for history of art! and a wannabe curator/arts journalist!...so far i've been accepted at manchester and goldsmiths...just got an email about the offer holders open day for manchester on the 5th/25th of feb!
(and i too am probably the only one in my college applying for this degree!)
Reply 273
hello. just found this thread :smile:
im probably going to be doing joint english and history of art at york. or perhaps st andrews if they give me an offer.
Reply 274
heya, i did exactly that and i got in so im sure its ok! x

lowkesa
Ahhhh, I hate to lower the tone but I'm finishing up my questionnaire (which has almost killed me) and I'm wondering what people think about doing it on the computer? I answered all the questions on it, then came to write them up (in my finest handwriting!) but realised my answers don't at all fit in the spaces..

So I'm thinking of just adding in the questions above the answers I've typed then printing it off? d'you think that's passable, or will they kick up a fuss because I haven't used my quill and ink?
Reply 275
Excellent! I sent it packing yesterday, was sick of the sight of thing. Got to the ol' post office with the intention of getting it sent by next day delivery like a good little boy, but she said it was gonna cost a fiver! As if! 52p, first class ftw.

What did everyone write for their essay? Mine was 'Captain Thomas Coram' by William Hogarth. A barrel of laughs.
Reply 276
Congrats to all!! :smile:
Indeed Lowkesa you must get in because then we can start a club - and i'm positive you will :biggrin:
My essay was on Gaudi's Sagrada Familia because its one of my fav buildings... but also because i had it from last year in history of art (it was an essay i did for homework) and being the lazy sod i am, i thought WAHAY no need to be extra and write another. :biggrin: lol
xxxx
Essay??? Do u have to sent in an essay that is marked and done for school or do you have to sent in an essay on your favourite artwork? What is the wordlimit?
I have sooo many essays for school already. :frown:
Hi everyone!
Me30 - I msgd the vice president of the union to make a fb group for all the courtauld freshers. That way you really can have a club lol

I may just set up a group anyway. - I just made fb group - courtauld applicants/freshers 09.

It's great to see so many people with courtauld offers! reading back through the thread, I am the only one from my school applying to do HoA, and I only knw of one other person out of 3 other schools in my town. We truely are a rare breed, esp in suffolk.
Reply 279
Lol, snap i'm the only on applying for art hist from my school !!!!
Lowkesa- yours sounds interesting!
My essay was on Death of a Salesman, about biff's assessment of the american dream! Flew my political colours in that one!!!!!!
Word limit= supposed to be around 1000 but going over shouldn't be a problem...mine was 1027!
x

Latest

Trending

Trending