The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
lol! Self marking is such an ego-boost! :biggrin:
Oh yeah - when does all this finance stuff have to be completed? I just cant seem to get round to doing it. Its via directgov right? x
Reply 381
ha ha ironically i just started thinking about that recently
i completed it yesterday.....but the sooner the better really!
and needless to say....i gave myself an A! lets see if my teacher agrees!
Reply 382
argh the gods are conspiring against me and all my attempts to get a student loan. every time i try, something goes wrong. it's a conspiracy.
the soup kitchen awaits...
Reply 383
hey does anyone else get heaps of people thinking that history of art involves painting and putting together a sketchbook and so on? i don't understand how nobody gets it. it's not THAT much of an obscure subject...

also people are constantly HORRIFIED to learn that i only did art AS.
Reply 384
lol.....i get it all the time!!!!!!!
i've now given up explaining.....i'm just like yep sure thats what history of art is....painting all day :smile:
are we not supposed to get a package of some sort from the courtauld soon????
Reply 385
glad it's not just me then : ) i like your approach.
yeah on the freshers facebook group the administrative lady has posted to say she is aiming to get the acceptance packs out by the end of the month. *excitement*
Reply 386
ooooo i'm excited!
Reply 387
haha yh i get that all the time too! I just say I'm doing History and then cough *(of Art)*. If they ask I say it's basically history but we also look at paintings in the context.
Acceptance packs!! I can't wait to get that! It's already the start of May!!
Reply 388
i know i'm anticipating it's arrival...i feel it'll give me the extra boost to work really hard because it'll seem more real!!!
i feel so crap!! Because---- i feel like i'm doing no work!!!!!
:'( right i'm off to do some oral revision!!!!!
x
Reply 389
I haven't even got my swine flu leaflet through the post, never mind my Courtauld pack. Is now the time to panic?!
Reply 390
did you the email?
basically the woman said that she hasn't finished the packs yet...
and not even i have received my swine flu leaflet...and i live in london...no excuses!
x
Reply 391
yeah.. i havnt either!!
We'll get the leaflet on how to prevent catching swine flue after we've all got it.. typical..
Reply 392
Yahh I got the email but I don't want to open the link! I like the idea of a big chunky pack of paper dropping through my door, then tearing the thing open and sitting about all day reading it. I'm weird like that. I only order things off Amazon so I can wake up to the excitement of opening a package a couple of days later. Please don't tell me I'm alone here?!?! It's just like Christmas! I could probably do with some exams to occupy my mind.. How's it all going?
Reply 393
You're not alone there! I do the same thing....i've now had my card taken away from me to stop ordering things i don't need so i just have something to open...the lfc store is a rip off! But alas it excites me!
I haven't looked at the links either...for the same reason!
Are you crazy? You want exams??????? Gotta put you down as crazy!!!
The pressure is not that bad at the moment...because my exams start properly on June the 8th and finish on June the 11th....yep back to back exams! But i have got my spanish oral tomorrow! Which sucks because i also finish school tomorrow....so i'll be in tears during my exam to my external examiner...joyous occasions!
how's everyone else?
Reply 394
argh wish we finished school so soon. we have another week and a half : (
good luck with spanish! on the exams front.... not too worried about english lit and psychology, because i only need low scores to get an A... but i still have 3 modules left in religion/philosophy, so that's pretty stressful. hope the revision's going well for everyone!
Reply 395
They're not printing the pack Jassameen, what the hell do we do?! No wonder Royal Mail's going under.. Sod the environment and send me my pack!
Reply 396
... I may well print the thing off myself at home out of spite.
Reply 397
ha ha lowkesa....I was considering doing the same thing!!!!
And on the exam front now! I had my oral exam yesterday, in the middle of my leavers assembley...in which I won an award for español (extremly shocked as all I do is go off topic in lesson....and talk about Fernando Torres, my fav spanish topic!)...I was very upset but did it anyway! My examiner was the nicest man!!! We talked about Politics, Cuba (Fidel Castro), Football (how I still have hope we'll win the league), Music, The Environment, my holidays...it was great! (Touch wood). He said he was really impressed with my knowledge and clarity and that he couldn't tell me my grade but I did very well....so fingers crossed!!!!!!
Back to the Courtauld frontera- I'm contemplating asking for a paper copy...slightly bad as I'm head of people and planet for my school :s...now back to revision!
x
Reply 398
Whaat?! Theyr not printing it out?? WHY? and how do you know?
Jassameen - you sound just like me i ALWAYS say 'touch wood' - i've also got all my friends into doing it too haha.
I've finished half my exams already! Woo!! Had my history of art exam today - touch wood it went pretty good! such a relief! Glad to hear espanol went good! :biggrin:
Right i'm off to listen to a bit of enrique iglesias - great for chilaxing after an exam! (Went to his concert 2 days ago - yes, 2 days before my exam - im crazy, i know.) haha it was the only date. WAS AMAZING!!
im hoping im not the only one who likes him here..
Reply 399
Aaaah Me30 we really do sound very similar!!!
Ahhhhhh thats great that you think your HoA exam went well...i'll touch wood for you!!! Ha ha, i had a spanish re-sit today....last year i wasn't bothered much with Spanish so got a C in my reading....A in my speaking and A in listening...so i decided that i am bothered this year and love español so resat the paper...hopefully it went well...i wrote about cuba, so enjoyed it!!!
As for enrique- :redface: YOU WENT TO THE CONCERT?!!! You lucky thing you!!! One of my friends would be incredibly envious....i do like enrique but not as much as my friend..... but lloro por ti is my song of the moment....as i also am in a huge reggaeton phase! (This is the Cuba effect) :biggrin:! Oh now i really hope i get into the Courtauld....lucky thing i have wooden floorboards so i don't have to keep running to touch wood!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending