The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
hahaha ur friend clearly has good music taste! :P
im sure u WILL get in! i hope i do too though.. as much as i like my second choice and its great.. to put it bluntly, it just isnt the same.. (im avoiding as u can see thinking about the prospect of not getting either of those and having to go through clearing!! *runs manically around, touching all the wooden furniture in the room like a loonatic*) lol.
Thats so good u did a resit - i was temptd to do it in one of my modules.. but i just dont have the will power. so i really think highly of all of those ppl who manage to have enough self-control to improve their grades. I bow down to u... haha I'm sure u did great!! i'm touching my wooden desk for u :biggrin:
Pretty populated thread for History of Art in London ey? :P
Hope you all get in though! Anyone heading to either Nottingham or Leeds in here?
Reply 402
Nope...not me! I know lots of people going to nottingham for other courses from my school though!!
Ha ha Me30 i was actually talking to one of my friends about you! She said you do sound a lot like me...and told me to warn you about my crazyness....howe're i'm sure you're similar to me in that aspect too!
Yeah i only did the 1 resit cause i couldn't be bothered to do more....simply because it's no extra revision...reading exam AS is similar to reading exam A-level so i wasn't going out of my way...and plus i REALLY want an A in it this year!
I'm getting very excited now! If i don't go to The C...my other option is SOAS...still in London...so still quite a good uni....9th best in england me thinks...but not the C....but the entry requirements are like BCC...so hopefully i should be able to get that....*has both feet on the wooden floorboards*--but i really really really want to go to the Courtauld!!!!!!
Reply 403
ItaFrankoUK: there's a guy doing HoA at nottingham next year at my college. not sure that helps. but he's nice : )
Reply 404
Jassameen - hahah crazyness is EXACTLY what the courtauld needs!
I'm reli looking forward to uni now - after yesterdays depressing leavers shananigans and floods of tears (it was our last day at school) - dont worry we didnt just decide to be Emo for the day randomly. lol
As for ItaFranco - soz i dont know anyone going to Nottingham :frown:
Reply 405
Aye leavers was very sad! Was uber upset at mine too...bud oddly didn't shed a tear as i've only been at my sixth form for 2 years!
Hmmm leavers shananigans.....i'm intrigued!!!! We didn't do anything like that disafurtunadamente....simply because we had exams going on everywhere! Sucky!!!! I had to miss my leavers for my oral exam! :'(!
We will go nutty Me30! And we'll have a crazy rub off effect on everyone else too!!!!
Reply 406
Score! We shall indeed! haha
by leavers shananigens i'm talking about the loong assembly they did for us with teachers singing and dancing and then we had a massive after party at a bar they rented out where lots of the teachers got really tipsy which was hilarious to see!!
Oh no! U missd leavers! Thats so sad!! Poor u, that really sucks.
Reply 407
It does suck indeed! But i escaped the tears!!!!
That was like our ball....yes my school is odd we've already had ball!!!
Is it just me or is anyone else seriously bored out of their brains with revision! I just can't bring myself to do more....i have many ways of procrastination...food, phone (house phone as i've asked my mum to take my mobile away), music, tsr (now), playing tennis against a wall...more food!
Aye i really should try and focus!
Reply 408
true true - u win somehting u lose something.
YES OMG i cant take it anymore!!!
food is the worst destraction for me - even when i'm not even remotely hungry.. its terrible - by the end of exams i'll be seriously obese. ooh night at the museum is on tv today!! - right that will be my "break"... not that i've done ANYTHING to deserve a break hahah.
i shall start revising properly tomorrow... i hope...
Reply 409
lol....well i've tried to revise in the sun today....in the sunshine, with my music and it actually worked! Until next doors kids started to emerge for their fun and games....they drove me to watching the football, if i fail i'll blame them!!!!
And yes food is my weakness atm tooooo.... trying to balance it out with sparkling water, end up eating ice- cream tooo!!!!
anyway must get back and see if the children have cleared seeing as footy has finished!!!
love love
Reply 410
god this weather is such a distraction! all i have achieved today is sunburn. will start.. revising... tomorrow... hopefully.
your colleges all seem to do things strangely. we had our last day of lessons before half term on thursday, but all the leaving bits & bobs are after exams. what a levels are everybody here doing?
Reply 411
I am doing español, english literature ( which I love and hate) and history! Did art and media last year.... Got an a in both by dropped to focus on my more demanding subjects.. The bane of my life!
Reply 412
yes weather was soo distracting.. i dont know whats worse - being depressd by gray skies and rain but revising or being in a good mood.. but unsuccessfully attempting to revise in the sun.. hmm..
PLUS Jassameen, like you, my neighbours have a little girl who literally stands on the balcony all day yelling to people (when the weathers nice) so the moment she spots me revising on my balcony - thats it. theres no more peace. lol
I'm doing Art, English lit, Textiles, History of Art.
What about you?
x
Reply 413
awwww Me30....she sounds cute, but annoying! 2 kids next door come up to the wall and start laughing at me working, or chuck their ball into my garden so I'll play with them......so for the majority of the day they were inside oddly! Until the football started, oddly enough :smile:!
I totally go for sunny skies.... i love really hot weather, being indian, so grey skies just make me want to sleep....
thats my life, sleeping, eating, attempting to study...and tsring....aye ( sure path to failure )....
Reply 414
sleeping, eating, attempting to study.. and tsring - what u on about, thats not the path to failure!? Thats the path to guaranteed success!! haha
Same, im such a sun seeker, being from the mediteranian british weather doesnt do it for me. Cant wait to go on holiday in the summer! Spend some quality time with the sun and the sea - oh yeah. lol
Reply 415
i'm doing english lit, psychology and religious studies. dropped art after AS - happy to have proved wrong everyone who said my university applications would be compromised by dropping it :]
i'm 100% british and this yucky weather is still getting me down! no distractions for me today...
Reply 416
Ha ha me30.... Likewise! I can not wait till June the 11th when all my exams will be a memory!!! Then in July I'm getting my sun in India!!! And then maybe the Maldives.... So I am excited!!!!! But till then watching the French open in equally crappy weather France will cheer me up just a tad, to k ow we aren't the only ones!!! I can't wait till wimbledon I will be going again this year! Am psyched!!!!!! But must focus on getting through exams.... Howe're apparently england is gonna have quite a hot summer this year... So let's keep the faith!!!!!
I find going for a run does a world of good... Clears your head and makes you more driven to do your work.... As well as combating the obesity that exams bring!!!!
I was actually really sad dropping art.... I loved it! But it gives me something to do after exams!!! Paint!!!! Oh the excitement.... Just three more weeks!
Aurevoir xo
Reply 417
i miss art too, but it's not like you can't do it in your free time. and since i dropped it i have SO MUCH MORE FREE TIME. : D
going to rather less exotic belgium over the summer, but will hopefully be able to catch some rays.
revision today has been surprisingly successful. (y) first exam is on the 5th, how about everyone else?
Reply 418
Jassameen - im soo jealous - i wantd to go to see wimbledon this year but its just as I go on holiday :frown:
Are you going to camp overnight? My friends are!!
Wow India!! The weathers bound to be amazing there!
I'm off to my favourite place - Greece, in June just for 10 days. And then off to Croatia in August. Hopefully might go to Barcelona for a weekend in September too because my best friend lives there and I really miss her!! lol
Tinwoman: my first exam is on the 10th - but i've already had 2 a couple of weeks ago. Art took up sooo much time this year but i really enjoyed it. I'm going to miss it next year :frown:
I've heard too summer here will be scorching - niiiice.
It's really annoying there are no good outdoor swimming pools in london.. i suppose they'd only really get used for like 2 weeks each year so perhaps its not a great investment. ahh well.
Reply 419
ItaFrancoUK
Pretty populated thread for History of Art in London ey? :P
Hope you all get in though! Anyone heading to either Nottingham or Leeds in here?

im studying history of art at leeds (hopefully) ! are you? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending