The Student Room Group

🌼🍉 Brownies, books and planning a wedding - your favourite fiancés’ 2nd blog 🍉🌼

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnnaBananana
But cake!!!

🤔 nah, I don’t think he would. Someday, but not yet, probably once he’s finished uni and we can live together…

Aww, well that gives you something to look forward to :biggrin:

Original post by BohemianPhysics
@nathan1403 @nicalibres So happy for you both with the engagement. There are several people with great results so congrats

An update on us: We're getting on better with home educating so I hope we're allowed to do it for the rest of his education. Slowly venturing out to things he used to do. A slow process, but getting there.

Back to thread: I totally get both perspectives here (privileged life and think of what you do have, vs that your lifestyle doesn't affect your likelihood to have mental health struggles).
You've got to be very careful offering either though, at the risk of insensitivity and misunderstanding.

Let's go for a middle ground, as others have, of that sometimes having perspective and being grateful can help, but ultimately some days will just be tough and the person needs strategies and support to work through that.

talk over.

Thank you!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

I'm so happy things are going better, it's just lovely to hear that you've adapted to your brothers needs rather than forcing him to do stuff that isn't working for him, that's the kind of family everyone deserves :h:

You're right, middle ground is best, I can just be a bit sensitive sometimes and I'm aware of that, I'm pretty much back to normal now anyway. Alex and I went to the gym again this morning and I've been looking for jobs all afternoon :smile:
Hi guys! How's everyone doing? I'm bored!
Original post by nicalibres

Maybe Nathan wants to have hugs?
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe Nathan wants to have hugs?

I think he wants some alone time so I've got to keep myself entertained haha. Maybe I'll fold the washing.

I’m 21 in 2 hours 😳
I’m 21 in 2 hours 😳

A proper adult! Haha I hope M makes it to midnight without passing out lol.
A proper adult! Haha I hope M makes it to midnight without passing out lol.

Doubt it.

I’m shocked there are so many people here.

My first birthday present was a beautiful square cut emerald engagement ring - and everyone knew except me!
(edited 2 years ago)
Doubt it.

My first birthday present was a beautiful square cut emerald engagement ring - and everyone knew except me!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Amazing news!!!!!!!!!!!
Doubt it.

Congratulations, that's brilliant news!
Doubt it.

Congrats!!! :biggrin:
Doubt it.

Congratulations now we've got 2 engaged couples on here
I think he wants some alone time so I've got to keep myself entertained haha. Maybe I'll fold the washing.

I did manage to bake my famous brownies entirely independently which I'm really proud of
Doubt it.

OMG Congratulations that's amazing news
This is so exciting!!!! Ahhhh I love hearing about people getting engaged :biggrin: Was it romantic???
Original post by nathan1403
This is so exciting!!!! Ahhhh I love hearing about people getting engaged :biggrin: Was it romantic???

I guess so, I’m still a bit shocked. We were going out for dinner but I had no idea where, a taxi came to collect us. We went to the restaurant at a castle not far from home but when we got there we were directed to a table on a small terrace overlooking the lake, there was only us there and there were cocktails and flowers with little fairy lights. We were chatting and I went to stroke a cat that was on the steps down to the lake. Max came and sat with me on the steps and asked me to marry him - we’d been talking about stuff we’d done and about the time we broke up for a few weeks in sixth form and I was just so shocked. My ring was his nan’s engagement ring, they were close, but she died a couple of years ago. We sat and kinda cried a bit and stuff - then he said we should probably go in and get food.

There were loads of family members waiting in the restaurant - apparently they were all trying to see what was going on but they couldn’t see us when we were sitting on the steps and were a bit worried because we were taking so long - his dad said they were thinking I’d turned him down! So it ended up being a bit of a drunken party night - it was good fun but such a surprise- I had no idea, I thought it was just an early birthday meal.
I guess so, I’m still a bit shocked. We were going out for dinner but I had no idea where, a taxi came to collect us. We went to the restaurant at a castle not far from home but when we got there we were directed to a table on a small terrace overlooking the lake, there was only us there and there were cocktails and flowers with little fairy lights. We were chatting and I went to stroke a cat that was on the steps down to the lake. Max came and sat with me on the steps and asked me to marry him - we’d been talking about stuff we’d done and about the time we broke up for a few weeks in sixth form and I was just so shocked. My ring was his nan’s engagement ring, they were close, but she died a couple of years ago. We sat and kinda cried a bit and stuff - then he said we should probably go in and get food.

There were loads of family members waiting in the restaurant - apparently they were all trying to see what was going on but they couldn’t see us when we were sitting on the steps and were a bit worried because we were taking so long - his dad said they were thinking I’d turned him down! So it ended up being a bit of a drunken party night - it was good fun but such a surprise- I had no idea, I thought it was just an early birthday meal.

Sounds absolutely perfect what a lovely surprise

That's super cute
(edited 2 years ago)
I've been invited on a date next weekend. My gut says it's going to be **** but can't bake a cake without breaking a few eggs I guess...

Omg that sounds sooooo cute!!! Did he actually book the entire terrace so that it was just you two? The amount of effort, wow!!! And I think it's nice your family members were there, but didn't see the actual proposal, I think it's better if that's just between you two :h: I'm so happy for you!!!!
Original post by josie71202
I've been invited on a date next weekend. My gut says it's going to be **** but can't bake a cake without breaking a few eggs I guess...

Are you still seeing the same guy?

Quick Reply

Latest