Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Official Staffordshire University Applicant Thread 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Staffordshire University
Hi everyone

This is a thread for anyone who's applying to join Staffs in 2022 :smile:

On this thread you'll be able to ask any questions and also meet some of the students you'll be studying and possibly living with.

Don't be scared to say hello! What course are you applying for? Where are you planning to live? Where else are you applying to?

HI
I apply for Helth and Social Care :smile:
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Hi everyone,

If anyone is still looking for accommodation, my landlord has two rooms in a newly refurbished house available on Queen Anne Street (the street right next to the library). They are £90 a week, including all bills. He has been a super landlord and I really recommend him - he has been really helpful and genuinely cares about the property. Find out more here: https://www.staffsproperty.com/
Hello! I’m gonna be starting Games Design this Monday, and I had a question about the welcome week if anyone might know the answer: The ‘Jam Tastic’ events on the agenda suggest that we’d be making small games over Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, so what would happen for students who don’t have previous experience with making games? I have some basic ability in coding but I’d say I’m very much new to game design (whether it’s programming, art, etc).
Original post by Rythulian18
Hello! I’m gonna be starting Games Design this Monday, and I had a question about the welcome week if anyone might know the answer: The ‘Jam Tastic’ events on the agenda suggest that we’d be making small games over Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, so what would happen for students who don’t have previous experience with making games? I have some basic ability in coding but I’d say I’m very much new to game design (whether it’s programming, art, etc).

Hey @Rythulian18

I spoke to the course director for our games courses to make sure I got the right answer for you :smile:

He said that the Games Jam is an awesome opportunity for our students to gain experience of games development. It’s absolutely fine that you have not made any games before, there will be lots of people in the same position. However, it’s a really fun experience and a good chance to meet people from the department and try out some of the facilities!

You’ll be able to see how games are made and there will be people around who can help you try out the process :smile:

Hope you decide to go along and have a fun first week at Staffs!

^HB
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hi everyone

This is a thread for anyone who's applying to join Staffs in 2022 :smile:

On this thread you'll be able to ask any questions and also meet some of the students you'll be studying and possibly living with.

Don't be scared to say hello! What course are you applying for? Where are you planning to live? Where else are you applying to?

Hi I was recently offered a place in the interview for Staffordshire for paramedic science but it isn’t showing up on ucas . Do you know why
Original post by Samir sayer
Hi I was recently offered a place in the interview for Staffordshire for paramedic science but it isn’t showing up on ucas . Do you know why

Hi @Samir sayer,

Congratulations on being offered an interview! I think you would be best sending your question to our enquiries team who should be able to help you, their details are:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 (0)1782 294400

Hope this helps!
^HB
Hi if anyone doing health care at Stafford needs accommodation I have a room in my student house available living with three other healthcare students the room is a double room with bills included at £117 Ppw which is close to the Stafford campus
Heyy! I've just received my offer for September! What course is everyone doing? xx
Original post by olivia.bt
Heyy! I've just received my offer for September! What course is everyone doing? xx

That's great to hear! We're excited to welcome you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending