The Student Room Group

ICAEW ACA Special Consideration process

Hi everyone,

I sat CR and CS in July 2021 remotely. Following some software issues (lag) similar to several students in this sitting I applied for special consideration and my application was accepted.

Surprisingly I wasn’t able to find any personal accounts from students who went through special consideration process due to exam environment and what outcome was achieved (potentially because some of these issues tend to get personal and perhaps students are not in the right frame of mind to share).

According to ICAEW there are a couple outcomes once your application is accepted which are:

Issues with exam environment —> void or exam mark boost
Personal issues —> void

Or potentially nothing at all? Not sure…

My question relates to option 1 and if anyone experienced a mark boost because of their special circumstance and if so: did ICAEW notify you of this? Did they tell you this is what will happen BEFORE results day or did you wait to receive your exam result as normal? Did you know whether a marks boost was applied or simply receive a grade and that was it?

I honestly don’t know if I passed the exams (excluding special consideration) but with ACAs this is often the feeling. I guess I’m just curious if the marks boost ever happens to anyone or it’s something they say :smile:
Hi there - I was sitting case in July and I had the same situation where my software was so laggy, and I was granted a Special Consideration as well.

The way I understand this is :
- if you pass with your raw mark: no adjustment will be applied ----> pass
- if you did not pass with raw mark: they will either consider a mark booster or void.
if they give you a mark booster and you pass ---> you pass
if they give you a mark booster and you still did not pass ---> void

i dont think you will be able to tell from the mark you received if you been granted a mark booster.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi guys. Upon your special consideration, what happened? Mark boost or void? And how long did it take to find out?

I just failed an exam by three marks, and applied for special consideration even before I knew it. There was a notification locked in the top corner of my screen, and no Procter was helping me.

Fingers crossed.
Reply 3
Original post by TheGentry
Hi guys. Upon your special consideration, what happened? Mark boost or void? And how long did it take to find out?

I just failed an exam by three marks, and applied for special consideration even before I knew it. There was a notification locked in the top corner of my screen, and no Procter was helping me.

Fingers crossed.

Did you end up applying for special consideration within the 7 days that you were supposed to? Did you get an email acknowledgement? Did your special consideration get accepted?
Original post by DDD14
Did you end up applying for special consideration within the 7 days that you were supposed to? Did you get an email acknowledgement? Did your special consideration get accepted?

Sorry, just seen this.

Yes, I've had special consideration accepted, and have since done another exam which I have also needed to apply for special consideration due to technology issues sitting it remotely.
Hey all, how long did it roughly take to hear an outcome after applying for special consideration?
Reply 6
Original post by dylan12321
Hey all, how long did it roughly take to hear an outcome after applying for special consideration?

7 days
Original post by dylan12321

took me more than a month

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending