The Student Room Group

Is ICAEW after ACCA worth it?

Hi
I am from Bangladesh. I am currently a part qualified ACCA. I wish to work in the UK in the next 5yrs. I want to know if pursuing ICAEW after completing ACCA will add any value.
Reply 1
It depends under which circumstances you wish to join the ICAEW.

Work for a big accounting firm for a few years? Probably a good route if you fancy it. Join a big accounting firm because you are under a strange belief that being ACA makes a lot of difference probably not a good move if you don't want to do the work and would have preferred to work in industry or a smaller firm.
Original post by ahadulislamai
Hi
I am from Bangladesh. I am currently a part qualified ACCA. I wish to work in the UK in the next 5yrs. I want to know if pursuing ICAEW after completing ACCA will add any value.

Dont wait for 5 years. Look for ACA roles in UK, then get some exam exemptions. Complete the remaining ACA exams and move on with that qualification.
Reply 3
Original post by Wired_1800
Dont wait for 5 years. Look for ACA roles in UK, then get some exam exemptions. Complete the remaining ACA exams and move on with that qualification.

Will I be able to claim exemptions in ICAEW if I have already claimed exemptions in the foundation level of ACCA?
Original post by ahadulislamai
Will I be able to claim exemptions in ICAEW if I have already claimed exemptions in the foundation level of ACCA?

Yes. I think you should be able to claim exemptions. If you join a Big 4 firm, the process can be sorted through the qualification programme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending