The Student Room Group

Delayed ICAEW application

Has anyone been through the delayed application process for the ICAEW with regards to their ACA qualification? I would love to hear about your experiences and any feedback received along the way from the institute regardless of whether successful or not. Many thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Currently working on this. I had to retype my training records and send them via email to the institute. I did this in May 2021. They only got back to me in August 2021 after signing off on the records. They are now asking me for the following (below)... so working through this. Have you started the process? I completed my exams end of 2018 and met the time requirement in March 2019.. its my fault for leaving it late however hoping can eventually become a member

1. Covering letter which explains why your application is delayed
2. Your up to date CV
3. A reference from your current employer. This reference must be on company headed paper, include the dates you have worked there, be signed by either HR, a line manager or someone in authority. The reference must also comment on your fitness for ICAEW membership, including whether, to their knowledge, there are any criminal, disciplinary, ethical or any other matters that might affect your application and be dated within the last three months.
4. A reference from a current ICAEW member. The member must have known you for at least the last two years in a professional capacity. The reference must comment on your fitness for ICAEW membership, including whether, to their knowledge, there are any criminal, disciplinary, ethical or any other matters that might affect your application and be dated within the last three months.
5. Continuing Professional Development (CPD) records since your eligibility date. You need to complete one sheet per year including details of any courses that you have attended. The form is attached for your completion. Each sheet must be signed and dated, using the date that you complete each form and not the date that the CPD period relates to.An admin fee of £100 ( VAT if applicable) is payable when submitting your information. Please make a bank transfer using our bank details in the attachment, quoting the above reference number or your student number as the reference.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi, I am in the same boat. Did you get your membership?Thanks.
Reply 3
Original post by GV31
Hi, I am in the same boat. Did you get your membership?Thanks.

Hi, am also in the same situation. Can anyone from this thread share how long it took ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending