The Student Room Group

Prizes for high marks in ACA

Hi! Does anyone know if the Big4 companies give internal prizes to employees who get high marks in the professional/advanced level ACA exams? (I know you get cash prizes if you get an ICAEW prize but not sure about anything else) Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Imk
Hi! Does anyone know if the Big4 companies give internal prizes to employees who get high marks in the professional/advanced level ACA exams? (I know you get cash prizes if you get an ICAEW prize but not sure about anything else) Thanks!

Typically not unless you win an ICAEW prize
Reply 2
Original post by Imk

Hi! Shall presume you must have achieved a high grade in some of your ICAEW exams to be asking this (though, irrespective of grades, congrats for passing!).

May I ask, did you study using the actual ICAEW book, or is the institution-provided book enough to achieve above 85% (note: in case helpful, I am with Kaplan).
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by andsm7815
Hi! Shall presume you must have achieved a high grade in some of your ICAEW exams to be asking this (though, irrespective of grades, congrats for passing!).

May I ask, did you study using the actual ICAEW book, or is the institution-provided book enough to achieve above 85% (note: in case helpful, I am with Kaplan).

Hey, thank you! I’m also with Kaplan and have never looked at the ICAEW books for these exams, I purely use the Kaplan book to make my own notes then just do a ton of question practice. So yep you can definitely get above 85% not using the ICAEW book.
Reply 4
Original post by Imk
Hey, thank you! I’m also with Kaplan and have never looked at the ICAEW books for these exams, I purely use the Kaplan book to make my own notes then just do a ton of question practice. So yep you can definitely get above 85% not using the ICAEW book.

Thank you massively for your reply. Must admit that I’ve relied on the ICAEW book for all of my certificate level exams, but - having received the ICAEW books for all first 3 professional ones last week, and seeing how many pages they are - I doubt I will have the time to do that for those.. Kaplan book it is then (which surely it does still remain lengthy, but definitely doable). Thanks again, and best of luck with any exams remaining!
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Imk

PWC definitely offer cash prizes for the highest results within the firm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending