The Student Room Group

KPMG vs PWC

Hi all, I have been lucky enough to be offered by both of the companies. Both are IT audit while PWC does not have professional qualification support while KPMG does. However, people usually said that PWC is more prestigious than KPMG. Do you guys have any advice about this?
Which professional qualifications would you sit with each firm and what is the support offered by KPMG?
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
Which professional qualifications would you sit with each firm and what is the support offered by KPMG?

KPMG provides the route to study with ICAEW CFAB which is essential to study with the role offered. For PWC, the role requires no qualification to be studied and I have to use my own time and cost to study for any qualification.
Original post by wkl41200
KPMG provides the route to study with ICAEW CFAB which is essential to study with the role offered. For PWC, the role requires no qualification to be studied and I have to use my own time and cost to study for any qualification.

Does KPMG offer a route to the full ICAEW qualification? Is that something you want to study?

If so you should definitely go for KPMG.
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
Does KPMG offer a route to the full ICAEW qualification? Is that something you want to study?

If so you should definitely go for KPMG.

Hi, thank you for your reply. I am not sure about it since I haven't received the written offer. however, many advice said that PWC is a more recognized name across the industry and it can have a better image to my future employer. Do you have any advice on this?
Original post by wkl41200
Hi, thank you for your reply. I am not sure about it since I haven't received the written offer. however, many advice said that PWC is a more recognized name across the industry and it can have a better image to my future employer. Do you have any advice on this?

PwC is the largest of the Big 4. But just being completely transparent whichever member of the Big 4 you work for opens a huge amount of doors as the name carries an awful lot of weight in the professional services world. If KPMG are offering the ACA it is probably worth considering that one over PwC as the ACA is a hugely valuable qualification in the professional services world and certainly won’t limit you to IT audit if you decide it’s not for you. I’m actually quite surprised PwC don’t offer this!
Reply 6
Original post by MarkJohnson97
PwC is the largest of the Big 4. But just being completely transparent whichever member of the Big 4 you work for opens a huge amount of doors as the name carries an awful lot of weight in the professional services world. If KPMG are offering the ACA it is probably worth considering that one over PwC as the ACA is a hugely valuable qualification in the professional services world and certainly won’t limit you to IT audit if you decide it’s not for you. I’m actually quite surprised PwC don’t offer this!

PwC does offer ACA atleast in 2023 it does
Reply 7
I have the same issue, OP which did you go for and how did it go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending