The Student Room Group

Help and advice for A levels

i made this spontanously because i didnt know where else to get help lol , im currently in year 12 doing maths product deisgn and computer science and its nit going very well im getting Es Ds and one B in maths, in product deisgn geting a As and cmputer science getting mostly Bs and Cs . I really want to improve my grades and get all As for uni but ive been really struggling with maths and computer scinece and honestly its really been making me feel awful becaus ill work so hard to get a low score and im close to just giving up on everything it doesnt help when my friends are all genuises getting full marks and A*s. i just need advice on the best way to go about improving and how to keep motivivated even with a lot of odds. any advice would be really apprciated
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
The main thing that kept me motivated during my A Levels was focusing on where it was going to get me. For me, it was studying at Durham University, and that's what I would think of every time I needed to revise, or was put off of working in my frees. This could be different for everyone, maybe it could be getting specific in your A Levels. Essentially I found that having an incentive makes it much easier to remind you why you are doing something.

Don't compare yourself to your peers. I also HATED CS but I would only focus on my improvement in lessons, rather than how my friends were doing. As for improving grades, going to your teachers and asking them is the best advice I can give. At the end of the day, they know the course best. Many teachers will have so many websites, past papers and resources to give you. Also doing lots of past paper questions are crucial, getting them to mark them also is really insightful for how to improve.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest