The Student Room Group

hey guys , i feel hopeless like a failure i have mocks in 2 days

i have mocks in 2 days but nowhere near ready , i started revising from September to November however i am so slow with revision and with extreme anxiety and depression and therefore it lead me to now need to cram a lot of content in 2 days a lot ( i just don't know what happen , what i did wrong why did it lead to this?.)
i want to achieve, get top grades but now i feel like my goals do not exist

i feel helpless . advice? ( just wanted some reassurance i feel like i cant do this, cant achieve my dream )
Hey just remember that these are mocks, so they really don’t matter apart from for your practice. The real things is ages away and maybe it’s a good thing you feel this way now so you can start preparing for real thing so you don’t feel the same then. Be proactive do little bits of revision every day so the workload isn’t as overwhelming nearer the time. Also experiment with different revision techniques see what works best for you, my biggest advice is to use practice questions and papers to see how the content is questioned in exams and identify things you need to go over. I know struggling with mental health can be very difficult especially during GCSEs but try talking to someone about this maybe parents, friends or teachers as bottling it up will just make it worse. In the worst case scenario and real thing doesn’t go as well as you want just remember it’s not the end of the world . You can always retake GCSEs and I know people who’ve only got 2 GCSEs taking access course in college to get into uni, so there’s definitely other options. Hope this helps x
Okay. Something I know friends of mine have struggled with was having massive big revision plans with loads of content - then not having the time or mental capacity to cover that much; it’s overwhelming.

For your mocks, right now, I’d recommend finding the walkthrough/all of the topic YouTube videos for each subject/paper of the exam board you use. I think that’s your best bet for revision right now. If topics you know you don’t know come up on the videos, write it down. If you have time and the mental capacity to practice it, pick one - and learn it.

For future, I’d recommend starting smaller. Start off with the topics you don’t know, and progress for. There. Every little helps.

I hope it all goes okay xx

Quick Reply

Latest