The Student Room Group
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website

The University of Law - Bristol Campus

Are you interested in studying at the University of Law?

Do you want to find out what its like to live and study in Bristol?

If you are considering studying at the University of Law and have any burning questions about courses, student life, facilities, opportunities or anything otherwise 'Brizzle' related, then please use this thread to ask away!

James

ULaw Student Ambassador
Reply 1
Hi James, I’m considering studying the MA Law (Conversion) at either Bristol or through the online campus. I would be commuting from home so I’m wondering how often I would need to travel into Bristol each week? Is it more beneficial to study on campus and have the in-person support?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ☺️
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website
Original post by geob1
Hi James, I’m considering studying the MA Law (Conversion) at either Bristol or through the online campus. I would be commuting from home so I’m wondering how often I would need to travel into Bristol each week? Is it more beneficial to study on campus and have the in-person support?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ☺️

Hi @geob1

I have just finished the MA Law (conversion) at Bristol! I only had to be on campus for two days a week and on those days would have two seminars (one in the morning and one in the afternoon). So it's very easy to commute, in fact I'd say the majority of people on the course were commuting. Hope this helps :smile:

Sophie
Student Ambassador at the University of Law
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by UniofLaw Student
Hi @geob1

I have just finished the MA Law (conversion) at Bristol! I only had to be on campus for two days a week and on those days would have two seminars (one in the morning and one in the afternoon). So it's very easy to commute, in fact I'd say the majority of people on the course were commuting. Hope this helps :smile:

Sophie
Student Ambassador at the University of Law

Hi Sophie

Thank you so much for your reply! Would your seminars be on the same day each week? What time roughly would they be in the morning? Just trying to work out how easy it will be for me to commute.

Also what are the tutors and careers services at the Bristol campus like for helping you to secure work experience or training contracts?

Thanks so much.

Georgie
Hi Georgie!

Yes, your seminars would be on the same day. So I had two on Tuesday and two on Thursday both in term 1 and term 2. The earliest seminar is around 09:30 and the latest starts at around 16:30 (so finishes around 18:30).

All of the tutors I have met at Bristol have been really helpful and the careers service is excellent. Throughout the year, they run different workshops and networking events etc to help you secure jobs and training contracts. There is also the opportunity to book in a one to one appointment for careers advice whenever you want!

I hope this helps and let me know if I can help you further with anything :smile:

Sophie
Reply 5
Hi,

How can I connect with other Bristol based psychology students?

I'm especially keen to talk to any who are starting the psychology conversion course in February.

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending