The Student Room Group

Geography NEA - Clone Towns

Hi, I’m doing my a level geography nea coursework on “to what extent is my local city a clone town” and was wondering if anyone has done this topic or anything similar to it, could use some tips!
Reply 1
Yes I have - do you need help on this question?
Reply 2
Original post by sivan10
Yes I have - do you need help on this question?

Yes please if you could!! Any tips, information or even drafts would be appreciated, i just have no idea where to start
Reply 3
Yes,I sure will.

Clone Town has a huge link with Globalization.

If I go to my local high street , I already see McDonalds , Empire Cinema , Nando's , Subway and a KFC . You won't be able to identity where I live , because all these businesses I just named are chain-businesses - all these major businesses operate everywhere in the UK and most of them operate across the world. If you go to a high street in Sheffield or in London or in Brighton you are very likely to see these major businesses.

The concept of clone towns is that the effect of Globalization has almost made every town/cities in the UK the same - almost as if they are all cloned and giving them a loss of local identity.

I hope this helps for starters - If it doesn't , then let me know and I will try my best to re-attempt.
If you need a bit more, let me know
(edited 2 years ago)
I'm doing this as well. There are loads of useful news articles I looked at relating to what has caused clone towns such as globalisation and the affect this has had on place. The clone town survey may be useful to look at and conduct yourself to see to what extent your town/city is considered one
Reply 5
how did it go in the end? Starting mine Now and would appreciate any advice!
Reply 6
Hi! In terms of methodology and data presentation to support this investigation, what did you complete on your fieldwork?
Reply 7
Original post by Matthew2104
I'm doing this as well. There are loads of useful news articles I looked at relating to what has caused clone towns such as globalisation and the affect this has had on place. The clone town survey may be useful to look at and conduct yourself to see to what extent your town/city is considered one

Is there any other methods for gathering data you recommend except clone town surveys

Quick Reply

Latest