The Student Room Group

Degree Apprenticeship, Manchester, PWC, KPMG, EY, Loyds, Barclays

Hey guys,
I'm interested in going onto a degree apprenticeship after my alevels in 2024
Currently researching degree apprenticeship within technology and I highly interested in PWC
Can anyone who applied or is working there explain the whole process of applying?
Original post by ayesha30x
Hey guys,
Currently researching degree apprenticeship within technology and I highly interested in PWC
Can anyone who applied or is working there explain the whole process of applying?

The application process is quite long as you may have to wait for weeks before hearing if your successful or not and whether you have passed that stage in the application process. It however is quite simple to follow, first an initial application, where you state your personal details and achievements (grades and extra curricular avitivies) and they may ask you why you chose to apply and what attributes you have that would make you suitable etc.

Then, you are given a numerical test and a situational judgment test (usually take 45m-1.5h), which are quick tick the box questions on how you would react or approach different scenarios. The numerical test for PWC is the longest out of the rest and they took about 7 weeks to get back to me after I completed the numerical test and sjt. The numerical tests involves maths and data where you have to calculate.

Then depending on the company, you will have a pre-recorded video or phone interview. Wait to hear back, if successful, you move to the assessment centre which is usually rh final stage with other successful applicants and the recruiters and managers of the company. The AC involves an introduction about the company, icebreaker, group task with others, a presentation from yourself, a 1.1 interview and just general Q&A to current apprentices. It is quite long as you have to do a lot of research and put yourself out there at all times as you don't want to seem shy or nervous but then again you don't want to seem arrogant whilst talking over others.
Reply 2
Hey guys,

For PWC I think you have to apply through UCAS to either Queen Mary or somewhere else but the details of that will be listed on the job listening once they open for 2024. I think that’s anywhere between September to January.

I personally didn’t apply because I’d already submitted my UCAS application and then decided I wanted to degree apprenticeships so it was too late for PWC but I did apply to lots of others.

As the user mentioned there is the initial application you have to fill in, assessments that you need to do (situational judgement, numeric etc.), video interviews or phone interviews, then an assessment centre followed by a final interview. This depends on the firm but that’s what my process looked like for the apprenticeship I got.
Original post by meymey:)
For PWC I think you have to apply through UCAS to either Queen Mary or somewhere else but the details of that will be listed on the job listening once they open for 2024. I think that’s anywhere between September to January.

I personally didn’t apply because I’d already submitted my UCAS application and then decided I wanted to degree apprenticeships so it was too late for PWC but I did apply to lots of others.

As the user mentioned there is the initial application you have to fill in, assessments that you need to do (situational judgement, numeric etc.), video interviews or phone interviews, then an assessment centre followed by a final interview. This depends on the firm but that’s what my process looked like for the apprenticeship I got.

You don't need to apply to PWC through UCAS. It's listed on their website or if you go on RATE MY APPRENTICESHIPS in a few months, you will be able to apply for 2024
Reply 4
Original post by mjuhbgtfcdesz159
You don't need to apply to PWC through UCAS. It's listed on their website or if you go on RATE MY APPRENTICESHIPS in a few months, you will be able to apply for 2024

Thats how it was this year for degree apprenticeships. I emailed them and had a conversation about it as well where they explained it
Are you going for a tech apprenticeship?
Reply 6
Original post by SuperTanner
Are you going for a tech apprenticeship?

yes but I’m not sure weather to do study first for a cs degree or a work first for a digital solutions degree
Reply 7

Hi,

If you don't mind, could you share what other degree apprenticeships you applied for? I only know of a couple like JLR.
Reply 8
Original post by awesomeyou
Hi,

If you don't mind, could you share what other degree apprenticeships you applied for? I only know of a couple like JLR.

Rolls Royce, UBS, Lloyds Bank, Barclays, Deloitte, KPMG, EY, Bank of England, Astra Zeneca and Bloomberg (which is the one I accepted the offer for) etc.

I highly recommend going to 'rate my apprenticeship' or similar websited and having a look. Keep your notifications on as well as companies have different timelines. Also, most banks/financial firms have tech apprenticeships so they're all worth checking for.
Reply 9
Hey guys,

Same I’m looking for degree apprenticeship 2024 in tech too
Hey guys,

From what I have understood , almost all of these companies have a similar process.
1) application
2)assessment (if applicable)
2.1) interview over phone
3) interview face-to-face

nah you do , it take sone of the five choices
If anyone is interested in tech degree Apprenticeships I highly recommend you join this thread and also contribute:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7324182&p=98795831#post98795831
Reply 13
Rolls Royce, UBS, Lloyds Bank, Barclays, Deloitte, KPMG, EY, Bank of England, Astra Zeneca and Bloomberg (which is the one I accepted the offer for) etc.

I highly recommend going to 'rate my apprenticeship' or similar websited and having a look. Keep your notifications on as well as companies have different timelines. Also, most banks/financial firms have tech apprenticeships so they're all worth checking for.

In what sectors does Bloomberg have their apprenticeships?

for info if anyone looks later - you can do work first or study first. If you do work first you apply through ucas eg QMC, birmingham etc, and have to use a UCAS spot and go through the application process. Birmingham endeavour to offer you a spot on their straightforward course if you apply and don't get a place w PwC, so it's not wasted spot on UCAS.
equally you can go to Manchester and do degree with Ada college. It changes each year, a bit confusing
Original post by robincraven
nah you do , it take sone of the five choices

not quite correct, depends which track you take..... bit confusing though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending