The Student Room Group

Full licence application dvla

I have sent my provisional licence and pass certificate and the D1 form to DVLA to SA991BJ, its been more than 3 weeks still it’s not updated and I haven’t received my full licence, can anyone guide me about this situation?
Reply 1
Original post by Jaisonthechamp
I have sent my provisional licence and pass certificate and the D1 form to DVLA to SA991BJ, its been more than 3 weeks still it’s not updated and I haven’t received my full licence, can anyone guide me about this situation?

Why did you not let the examiner take your licence for you? Presumably you needed to update information hence the D1 form? If so, you've sent it to the wrong postcode so that'll delay processing.
Original post by IWMTom
Why did you not let the examiner take your licence for you? Presumably you needed to update information hence the D1 form? If so, you've sent it to the wrong postcode so that'll delay processing.

Actually my address needed to be updated hence the examiner asked me to sent it by post. In the D1 form there were many postcodes mentioned, of which one was for address chance and one for full licence. I sent my licence to the full licence one which was SA991BJ. I just want to know if anyone who has sent their application to this postcode and have they received their DL.
Thanks.
Actually my address needed to be updated hence the examiner asked me to sent it by post. In the D1 form there were many postcodes mentioned, of which one was for address chance and one for full licence. I sent my licence to the full licence one which was SA991BJ. I just want to know if anyone who has sent their application to this postcode and have they received their DL.
Thanks.

There's a massive backlog at the minute. The DVLA says to wait 6-10 weeks but it's usually longer than that.

I'm on week 10 of waiting and it still doesn't look like it'll be coming anytime soon.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks.

You'll have adversely delayed your application by sending it to the incorrect postcode. Your application will be in the wrong inbound mail queue.

It'll be picked up and sent to the correct department eventually, but it'll then need to go back into another queue once updated.

Expect a significant wait.

For reference, DVLA are currently processing change of address applications from 15th July. You can calculate the wait time from that, and add on another couple of weeks to account for it going to the wrong department. Expect approximately a 12-14 week wait.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Something Peach
There's a massive backlog at the minute. The DVLA says to wait 6-10 weeks but it's usually longer than that.

I'm on week 10 of waiting and it still doesn't look like it'll be coming anytime soon.

Have you sent it to SA991BJ ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending