The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Official University Derby 2022 Applicant Thread

Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Derby for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Adult Nursing, applied end of September and excitedly waiting to hear back.
Currently in full Time work.
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Original post by PokeLass

Hi @PokeLass
That is exciting! :thumbsup:
It's great that you have applied to come to the University of Derby.
Please ask any questions you can think of and we will do our very best to answer them (that's why we're here).
Another great way of finding out stuff and connecting with other applicants is to join our new Facebook applicant group, Coming to Derby Uni 2022. It's a closed group where you can chat safely with other applicants and see important updates from us.
All the best.
^Toby
Hello Toby,
How would you describe the culture of St Helen's campus? I'm looking into open days to visit the facilities.
Also, do you know what the estimated timeframe for application response is for the September intake?
It said 2 weeks on the website, but I understand that they look to review for the March intake first.
Many thanks,
Chelsea
Hello Toby,
How would you describe the culture of St Helen's campus? I'm looking into open days to visit the facilities.
Also, do you know what the estimated timeframe for application response is for the September intake?
It said 2 weeks on the website, but I understand that they look to review for the March intake first.
Many thanks,
Chelsea

Hi Chelsea,
I can tell you what one of our Adult Nursing students, Vicky Bradley, told us about studying at St Helena in Chesterfield:
"I chose Chesterfield due to the friendly and supportive environment. The staff are so approachable and take time to sit with you, whether that’s for a cup of tea or to help with our work. It provides a lovely feeling of belonging together. I instantly fell in love with the friendly environment and would never look back!"
But I would encourage you to use our Unibuddy chat to talk to Erin, who is studying at Chesterfield, and ask her what it's like.
And you can book to come to our Open Day at Chesterfield on November 20.
I've asked our admissions team about timeframe and I'll let you know when I get a response.
Kind regards.
^Toby

EDIT: I've heard back from our admissions team and they say that, if you haven't heard back by the end of the month (November), you should drop them an email at [email protected] with all your relevant details and they'll find out what's going on.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hello Toby,
Thank you for getting back to me again, I've gone and booked that open day now, thankfully its the only one that works with my work schedule.
Trying out the Unibuddy, will see how it goes.
I appreciate you looking into it, Derby university is the only place I want to study nursing, so fingers crossed 🤞
Kind regards,
Chelsea
(edited 2 years ago)

Hi, I applied for adult nursing at Chesterfield and keep checking my ucas for updates! Hopefully we’ll hear something soon 😀
hiii, i've applied for primary education with qts (: studying combined english, music and geo A Levels
Original post by wanderlustele
hiii, i've applied for primary education with qts (: studying combined english, music and geo A Levels

Me too!! Is it your first choice?
Original post by QueenE2003
Me too!! Is it your first choice?

so cool! i wanna see how the interview (if i get one) goes before i rank mine lol, I'm tryna be optimistic (: is it ur 1st choice?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I applied for adult nursing at Chesterfield and keep checking my ucas for updates! Hopefully we’ll hear something soon 😀

Hi, have you had any updates yet? I’ve applied for the same course
Original post by Maisie.ellax
Hi, have you had any updates yet? I’ve applied for the same course

Hi
I’ve been checking every day and not had an invite yet. I did email them about four weeks ago as my UCAS application wasn’t showing my qualifications listed and I was worried they couldn’t see my grades. Apparently it was a UCAS error. They replied last week and said that I will get an invite soon to an online interview but still not received anything. So don’t worry yet , they have been focusing on March applicants I think. Are you going to the open day tomorrow at Chesterfield? I’m going for10am and looking forward to having a tour of the campus.
Take care, Ali x
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
I’ve been checking every day and not had an invite yet. I did email them about four weeks ago as my UCAS application wasn’t showing my qualifications listed and I was worried they couldn’t see my grades. Apparently it was a UCAS error. They replied last week and said that I will get an invite soon to an online interview but still not received anything. So don’t worry yet , they have been focusing on March applicants I think. Are you going to the open day tomorrow at Chesterfield? I’m going for10am and looking forward to having a tour of the campus.
Take care, Ali x

Hi,
Yes I might be going tomorrow, but hopefully you will receive an email from them soon. Best of luck!
Hi,
Yes I might be going tomorrow, but hopefully you will receive an email from them soon. Best of luck!

Good luck to you also 😀!
I applied for Bsc Adult Nursing at the Derby site. I had my interview yesterday and it wasn’t tough but I spectacularly failed due to nerves. My mind completely wiped and a babbled on incoherently. So I’m waiting for a answer but I’m guess it’s going to be no.
I'm sure you did great! Keep positive and if it didn't work out this time, use it as a learning experience for next year x
Original post by Dagobahbabe
I applied for Bsc Adult Nursing at the Derby site. I had my interview yesterday and it wasn’t tough but I spectacularly failed due to nerves. My mind completely wiped and a babbled on incoherently. So I’m waiting for a answer but I’m guess it’s going to be no.

Hi, I had my interview for adult nursing at derby on Tuesday. Don't worry I was really nervous too and I'm sure many others were. I'm currently waiting to hear back from them, but good luck! Im sure you did great :smile:
Hi, I had my interview for adult nursing at derby on Tuesday. Don't worry I was really nervous too and I'm sure many others were. I'm currently waiting to hear back from them, but good luck! Im sure you did great :smile:

I have my interview for Adult nursing next Wednesday, I’m so nervous as my heart is set on Derby! Were the questions they asked quite generic? X
Original post by Kwilson90
I have my interview for Adult nursing next Wednesday, I’m so nervous as my heart is set on Derby! Were the questions they asked quite generic? X

The questions are varied but are straight forward, nothing that you would struggle with. They are really friendly and make you feel very relaxed. Best of luck to you! X
(edited 2 years ago)
The questions are varied but are straight forward, nothing that you wouldn't already know. They are really friendly and make you feel very relaxed. Best of luck to you! X

Thank you! That makes me feel loads better! Good luck to you too, hopefully we will both be on here saying we’ve got a place! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending