Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Official University Derby 2022 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunsetlover321
Hi!
I have applied for OT at derby (main campus).
I have been given an interview and have to complete a written task.
Can anyone give me any advice or knowledge about what the written task may be on?

Hi, I've applied for OT as well but haven't heard back yet. How long did it take you to get your interview invitation?
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Original post by _Diamonds_
Hi, I've applied for OT as well but haven't heard back yet. How long did it take you to get your interview invitation?

Not long at all
I got accepted :smile:
Which undergrad accomodation is the closest to kedleston road site?
I have just received an offer to study at derby (so pleased!) :smile:
I could stay at home but I do not drive, it would take 3 buses to get to kedleston site and a train would be expensive and a 1hr each way plus buses.
Thank you :smile:
Original post by username5587400
hiii, i've applied for primary education with qts (: studying combined english, music and geo A Levels

I’ve applied for primary education too - I got an offer at the end of the interview and waiting for it to come through on ucas so I can firm it!
[QUOTE="Zarapurple123;96326507"]hey i've applied for primary ed too! Have you had an interview yet? If you have, please could you tell me how it went, give me any advice, what questions were asked, if you have to prepare anything, and how many interviewers are there? Thank you so much![/Q

Original post by Zarapurple123
hey i've applied for primary ed too! Have you had an interview yet? If you have, please could you tell me how it went, give me any advice, what questions were asked, if you have to prepare anything, and how many interviewers are there? Thank you so much!
I’ve applied for primary education too - I got an offer at the end of the interview and waiting for it to come through on ucas so I can firm it!
Original post by QueenE2003
Me too!! Is it your first choice?

Original post by xlucy.sx
hey i've applied for primary ed too! Have you had an interview yet? If you have, please could you tell me how it went, give me any advice, what questions were asked, if you have to prepare anything, and how many interviewers are there? Thank you so much![/Q

Ooohh congratulations! That's great! And your applying for primary education too! How was the interview? Were you nervous? Also did the interviews ask any surprise questionsss?
Ooohh congratulations! That's great! And your applying for primary education too! How was the interview? Were you nervous? Also did the interviews ask any surprise questionsss?

The interview was really good. It’s just 1 to 1, mine lasted around 40 minutes and a friends lasted 20 - we both got a place. Mine was with Susan :smile: They’re really lovely and it’s more like an informal chat to be honest. I was asked about safeguarding, the qualities I have that make me good for teaching, an area I think I’d struggle and she asked me about an education issue - mine was teachers on social media - and we discussed it. My friends was about phonics. We had to do an online resilience assessment first which they’re supposed to ask you about, my friends was asked what they learnt from it but my interviewer forgot to ask haha. I was quite nervous but as it’s online I felt a bit calmer. You have to plan a lesson beforehand too, and I had my plan next to me (and showed her) which wasn’t an issue.
Original post by xlucy.sx
The interview was really good. It’s just 1 to 1, mine lasted around 40 minutes and a friends lasted 20 - we both got a place. Mine was with Susan :smile: They’re really lovely and it’s more like an informal chat to be honest. I was asked about safeguarding, the qualities I have that make me good for teaching, an area I think I’d struggle and she asked me about an education issue - mine was teachers on social media - and we discussed it. My friends was about phonics. We had to do an online resilience assessment first which they’re supposed to ask you about, my friends was asked what they learnt from it but my interviewer forgot to ask haha. I was quite nervous but as it’s online I felt a bit calmer. You have to plan a lesson beforehand too, and I had my plan next to me (and showed her) which wasn’t an issue.

Thanks soo much for this! I'm glad you've both got a place! Lol can't believe the interviewer forgot to ask you! Ah ok what goes in the lesson plan, any tips, what was yours about? Also were there any icebreaker questions?
(edited 2 years ago)
Thanks soo much for this! I'm glad you've both got a place! Lol can't believe the interviewer forgot to ask you! Ah ok what goes in the lesson plan, any tips, what was yours about? Also were there any icebreaker questions?

She also asked ‘why derby’ I forgot about that! Sort of an ice breaker - she asked me about where I’m from and asked what it’s like down here haha. They’re very good at making you feel comfortable though. Some of my other unis wanted a reading activity for year 2 children so I used the same plan for derby. However with derby, you’re able to do any subject/lesson/year group you want. Definitely reference the curriculum if you can - it’s on the gov website
Hi, applying to do Primary Education with QTS here, I got the place at the end of my interview (just ask if you need any advice😊), nothing on UCAS though. Asking a friend's friend who has applied to do the same course and looking around, there seems to be a bit of a delay between the two, about a month or so. This the case for anyone else?
Just got two conditional offers for Zoology both with and without the foundation year! 🎉🎉🎉

I’m so excited!! Derbys Zoology course was the whole reason I even got back into education- but I’m also really nervous about not getting grades I need even for the foundation course; I need a good portion of my grades to be merit and some home life issues really messed up my first few assignments 🥲 I’m worried I won’t get all those merits and it’ll be bye bye to my dream course =u=;

I moved all the way from Swansea for the course- and in the first year I’ll be commuting from Loughborough! Derby Uni has always seemed the most friendly and open of my options, it’s my top choice and has been for years! :biggrin:
Original post by PokeLass
Adult Nursing, applied end of September and excitedly waiting to hear back.
Currently in full Time work.

Hello,is it Msc or Bsc.
I got an unconditional offer for Master of Science in Forensic Pscyhology :biggrin:
Original post by alexander0232
I got an unconditional offer for Master of Science in Forensic Pscyhology :biggrin:

Congratulations @alexander0232! :thumbsup:
That's fantastic news.
Our MSc Forensic Psychology is a great course.
Let us know if you have any questions about studying in Derby and we'll do our best to answer them.
Kind regards.
^Toby
Have you had a response, I had a nursing interview and have not heard back from them
I had my nursing interview last week Monday however I have not had any response..

How long does it take them to get back to you.
Original post by Maisie.ellax
Have you heard anything back yet?

Have you had any response yet, Also had mine last week Monday and no response yet.
Original post by Maisie.ellax
Hi, well done! I just received an offer too (main campus) x

How long did it take to get a response back?
I had mine on the 17th of March and havnt heard back yet either. Waiting on derbys decision to make my choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending