University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
I just got a conditional offer from Derby today💃💃
I just received a conditional offer today💃💃💃
Main campus💃💃
Original post by Emerald Justine

Aww congratulations! I've still not heard back yet so maybe not good news for me 🤣
Don't worry it will be good news... No news is goodnews
Original post by Emerald Justine

@Emerald Justine

Congratulations on receiving your conditional offer :smile:
Let us know if you have any questions about studying in Derby and we'll do our best to answer them!

^Emily
I've accepted an unconditional offer to study Biomedical Sciences and I'd love to start to get to know people who I'll be seeing in September!
Original post by rebeccapotato
I've accepted an unconditional offer to study Biomedical Sciences and I'd love to start to get to know people who I'll be seeing in September!

@rebeccapotato

Congratulations! We look forward to seeing you in September :smile:

^Emily
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Derby for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

I got offers on Psychology, and Health and Social Care. However I've not recieved offers on Computer science or Cyber Security yet, I'm really worried about this as they're my two first options that I'm passionate about.
It's most likely because I didn't do A-levels, and instead did a BTEC In public services (Which I didn't want to do, I just needed the UCAS Points) so they're probably looking at this application like 'This girl with no background in computing want to do computing?'

I hope they give me a chance, the fact they haven't declined is at least a small positive right..?
Original post by xKayTea
I got offers on Psychology, and Health and Social Care. However I've not recieved offers on Computer science or Cyber Security yet, I'm really worried about this as they're my two first options that I'm passionate about.
It's most likely because I didn't do A-levels, and instead did a BTEC In public services (Which I didn't want to do, I just needed the UCAS Points) so they're probably looking at this application like 'This girl with no background in computing want to do computing?'

I hope they give me a chance, the fact they haven't declined is at least a small positive right..?

Hi @xKayTea
I acknowledge it can be frustrating when you're waiting to here back.
But congratulations on the Psychology and Social Care offers!! :thumbsup:
If you haven't already, you can email our admissions team at [email protected] or call on 01332 591167 to ask about the Computer Science and Cyber Security applications.
If you don't get a response straight away, that's because they are getting a lot of queries at the moment. They'll aim to respond to you as soon as possible.
And, whatever happens, keeping an eye on the positives (however small) is an excellent policy.
I wish you all the best. :crossedf:
Toby
I’m due to start adult nursing in September, when should we expect to be notified of our enrolment, start date etc?
Original post by Kwilson90
I’m due to start adult nursing in September, when should we expect to be notified of our enrolment, start date etc?

Hi @Kwilson90
Fantastic that you're coming to join us. :thumbsup:
We’re really looking forward to welcoming you at Derby.
We’re busy preparing for your arrival and we will be in touch closer to your start date to confirm finer details (from mid-August).
Also, take a look at our key dates. They give an overview which you may find useful.
I hope that helps.
All the best.
Toby
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Derby for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

I still have two offers left idle, I've emailed derby university admissions twice but still no answer. I've been offered a place on two other ungraduate courses, however the main two I'm interested in have been forgotten about on the UCAS application, has anyone else experienced this? I'd rather recieve an answer, so I can consider my other 3 options properly instead of last minute, I'm also too hesitant to accept an offer before I get all my offers or declined.
Original post by xKayTea
I still have two offers left idle, I've emailed derby university admissions twice but still no answer. I've been offered a place on two other ungraduate courses, however the main two I'm interested in have been forgotten about on the UCAS application, has anyone else experienced this? I'd rather recieve an answer, so I can consider my other 3 options properly instead of last minute, I'm also too hesitant to accept an offer before I get all my offers or declined.

Hi @xKayTea
If you are still looking for clarification on this, you can also call our Admissions Team on +44 (0)1332 591167.
As I'm sure you realise, the Admissions Team receive a high volume of queries. They do aim to respond to you as soon as possible.
All the best.
Toby
Hello University of Derby applicants!

Just wanted to check in and see how you’re feeling about results day coming up? Hope you’re all doing ok - do you have any questions at all that the community could help you with?

I also wanted to point you in the direction of some of TSR’s resources that you might find helpful over the next few weeks.

If you have any questions about Ucas and results day you can ask our trained Clearing and Application Advisors here.

If you find you need it, or just want to get prepared for all eventualities, you can find clearing information and support here.

Remember your official rep @University of Derby is here to help you along the way as well.

Good luck!

Spoiler

Hi everyone,
My name is Olivia, I'm a current third-year Marketing (PR & Advertising) student at The University of Derby. Please feel free to ask me questions from course and university-specific to general queries about student life. I will be more than happy to help.
All the best,
Olivia
Hello I completed an Access course in June and have met and exceeded the conditions of my offer for adult nursing. The results were sent to the university by AIM in July but I am still yet to have my place confirmed, is it likely that I will get confirmation tomorrow, the same time as A level students?
Original post by Kwilson90
Hello I completed an Access course in June and have met and exceeded the conditions of my offer for adult nursing. The results were sent to the university by AIM in July but I am still yet to have my place confirmed, is it likely that I will get confirmation tomorrow, the same time as A level students?

Hi @Kwilson90
If you have heard nothing by shortly after 8am tomorrow morning, I would advise you to call our enquiry line on 01332 591167.
All the best.
Toby
Hi all,

My name is Amira, I'm a recent Journalism graduate from University of Derby! If you need to know anything to do with the course in particular, going into your final year or anything about university life feel free to ask away!

Speak to you soon,
Amira

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending