The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Official University Derby 2022 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi folks
It's results day tomorrow (I don't need to tell you that) and I wanted to wish you all the best. :crossedf:
I hope you have a positive day whatever happens with your results.
Remember, there are many avenues to get you where you need to be.
I will be one of many manning our Clearing hotline tomorrow morning. If you need us, call 01332 592022. We're open from 8am.
You can also contact us via WhatsApp or use our Clearing enquiry form. All the information you need is on our Clearing page.
See you on the other side.
All the best.
Toby
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Original post by xKayTea
Hi, my college (derby college broomfield) hasn't provided me my full BTEC grades which means I can't submit my final grades. They have only given me my one exam result, and not my tariff points or module grades which is needed by derby university to calculate my UCAS points and determine if I meet their requirements or not. (eg DDM, PPM.) I just have one grade from one exam. I've already contacted the college but they said this is a UCAS issue which it's not.

Hi @xKayTea
I've seen in another thread that you have made some progress with this. Well done. Your perseverance looks like it's going to pay off. :thumbsup:
All the best.
Toby
It's Wednesday now and I still don't have any emails from Uni about enrolment. The website says first semester is start on 26th of September...
Original post by Vetherie
It's Wednesday now and I still don't have any emails from Uni about enrolment. The website says first semester is start on 26th of September...

Hi @Vetherie
The best advice I can give you at the moment is to contact the enrolment team using our enrolment enquiry form.
Please let me know if you need anything else.
All the best. :crossedf:
Toby
Original post by University of Derby
Hi @Vetherie
The best advice I can give you at the moment is to contact the enrolment team using our enrolment enquiry form.
Please let me know if you need anything else.
All the best. :crossedf:
Toby

Today I got a message from the University that my application has been canceled because I will come to England too late and will not be able to enrol. I have lived in England for 10 years. At UCAS, I gave my UK address to which the university was sending me letters. Despite the acceptance of my application and the information that the university will send me information on what to do next and I will receive a link to the registration - they did not do it. The university does not respond to any forms, even though they refer students to them.
By accepting my UCAS application, I was deprived of being selected as the second University on my list.
I'm moving to my new apartment in Derby over the weekend. I quit my job as my application was approved. I opened a student account. I have approval for my student loan. I changed everything in my life just to get the message that I cannot be admitted because I do not live in the UK? I would like to add that I applied to study with the refrain of the college in which I specially finished an access course for this.
This is something more than "dissapointed".
Original post by Vetherie
Today I got a message from the University that my application has been canceled because I will come to England too late and will not be able to enrol. I have lived in England for 10 years. At UCAS, I gave my UK address to which the university was sending me letters. Despite the acceptance of my application and the information that the university will send me information on what to do next and I will receive a link to the registration - they did not do it. The university does not respond to any forms, even though they refer students to them.
By accepting my UCAS application, I was deprived of being selected as the second University on my list.
I'm moving to my new apartment in Derby over the weekend. I quit my job as my application was approved. I opened a student account. I have approval for my student loan. I changed everything in my life just to get the message that I cannot be admitted because I do not live in the UK? I would like to add that I applied to study with the refrain of the college in which I specially finished an access course for this.
This is something more than "dissapointed".

Hi @Vetherie
I can see why you are more than disappointed.
Can I ask you to contact our admissions enquiry team on 01332 591167 or email [email protected] as soon as possible with your student number so we can help understand if there has been a mistake made with the communication that has been sent?
Thank you for your patience.
Toby

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending