The Student Room Group

[Official] Oxford Engineering Applicants Thread 2022

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jusanaverage1
Hey guys,
I’m looking for applying for 2023 entry.
I’m predicted A*A*A* in maths, physics and further maths.
I got 988888777 at GCSE (I got robbed by teachers and I got a lot higher in mocks hence GCSEs aren’t too high ) I go to a decent state school with the average attainment 8 being around 53-58.

Do you guys think i have a good shot for engineering if I score 60-70 on the PAT and get a banging personal statement?

Hi,
I'm also looking to apply to Oxford, I think you ave a shot I feel like adding work experience and super curriculars should help you get in.
Original post by jusanaverage1
Hey guys,
I’m looking for applying for 2023 entry.
I’m predicted A*A*A* in maths, physics and further maths.
I got 988888777 at GCSE (I got robbed by teachers and I got a lot higher in mocks hence GCSEs aren’t too high ) I go to a decent state school with the average attainment 8 being around 53-58.

Do you guys think i have a good shot for engineering if I score 60-70 on the PAT and get a banging personal statement?

Yes they dont take GCSEs too seriously after covid. 60-70 is more than enough depending on the years average.
Original post by tekwe4
Hi,
I'm also looking to apply to Oxford, I think you ave a shot I feel like adding work experience and super curriculars should help you get in.

Already got 3 work experiences and a few more super curricular! Best of luck to you!
Original post by Anonymous
Yes they dont take GCSEs too seriously after covid. 60-70 is more than enough depending on the years average.

Ok perfect, thank you so much!
Reply 24
Original post by CristLian
Has anyone got interviews from Wadham College for engineering?

Hey, I am applying the Wadham college for engineering this year, can you let me know of your situation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending