The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Robbo <[email protected]> wrote in message news:B92F7D1E.57A4%[email protected]...
[q1]> Turns out I was the only candidate in the world for IB Latin HL in[/q1]
November
[q1]> 2001![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

Wow...Got to congratulate you for that! You should be proud of yourself. By the way, what grade did
you achieve?

Mansur (Oslo, Norway)
Reply 2
in article [email protected], Mansur Ali Abbasi at [email protected] wrote
on 28/6/02 3:53 AM:

[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Robbo <[email protected]> wrote in message news:B92F7D1E.57A4%[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]>> Turns out I was the only candidate in the world for IB Latin HL in[/q2]
[q1]> November[/q1]
[q2]>> 2001![/q2]
[q2]>>[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Wow...Got to congratulate you for that! You should be proud of yourself. By the way, what grade[/q1]
[q1]> did you achieve?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Mansur (Oslo, Norway)[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
A 6.
Reply 3
i'd have challenged the 6. a highly respecteable mark, but i would have pushed for a seven simply because there is no-one for you to be compared to. how do they know that you wouldn't have got the highest mark had 400,000 people done the exam? they might have all go 0/60. i realise that this brings us back to the argument of the bell shaped scoring system, which i firmly believe in (that is, its existence, not its justification as a scoring system) but if we do believe in the bell (face it kids, we're in direct competition with each other....grrr...) then you should have got a four point five...halfway between the top an bottom, the only place your only mark could be. just rambling now. but i have a relevant point in there somewhere, i promise.

Latest

Trending

Trending