The Student Room Group

PPE application

Hi, I am studying the IB and I have just been given my predicted grades, 6s all round (with a 6.5 in maths). I am studying maths at standard level, as well as environmental systems and societies, and Latin. For my Higher Level subjects, I am studying English, Global Politics and Economics.

The Universities which I want to apply for PPE at are:
Edinburgh
KCL
Manchester
Leeds
Warwick

I am unsure of whether my predicted grades are likely to get me offers to these universities. Can anyone let me know if it is still worth applying to these universities or whether I should consider alternatives?

Thanks!
Original post by noahj.p
Hi, I am studying the IB and I have just been given my predicted grades, 6s all round (with a 6.5 in maths). I am studying maths at standard level, as well as environmental systems and societies, and Latin. For my Higher Level subjects, I am studying English, Global Politics and Economics.

The Universities which I want to apply for PPE at are:
Edinburgh
KCL
Manchester
Leeds
Warwick

I am unsure of whether my predicted grades are likely to get me offers to these universities. Can anyone let me know if it is still worth applying to these universities or whether I should consider alternatives?

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by a "6.5" in maths. Also, which maths course are you taking, AA or AI?
Reply 2
Original post by emilyalexandria
I'm not sure what you mean by a "6.5" in maths. Also, which maths course are you taking, AA or AI?

I am taking AI maths. A 6.5 means that the grade will ultimately be predicted as either a 6 or 7, could go either way.
Original post by noahj.p
I am taking AI maths. A 6.5 means that the grade will ultimately be predicted as either a 6 or 7, could go either way.

Ah they usually prefer either HL or SL AA for PPE courses. If the university doesn't state a preference on their website, it might be worth contacting them directly, as some don't differentiate between AI and AA. No harm in asking.
Reply 4
Original post by emilyalexandria
Ah they usually prefer either HL or SL AA for PPE courses. If the university doesn't state a preference on their website, it might be worth contacting them directly, as some don't differentiate between AI and AA. No harm in asking.

all of the universities which were mentioned above accept AI maths at standard level abd I am meeting the standard for maths. However, I am not meeting requirements for edinburgh where I am short of one point overall, and at KCL, as I have 666 at hl instead of 766. I was just wondering whether it would be worth applying to these two unis because I am not meeting their requirements or whether I still have a chance. Thanks and sorry for any confusion.
Original post by noahj.p
all of the universities which were mentioned above accept AI maths at standard level abd I am meeting the standard for maths. However, I am not meeting requirements for edinburgh where I am short of one point overall, and at KCL, as I have 666 at hl instead of 766. I was just wondering whether it would be worth applying to these two unis because I am not meeting their requirements or whether I still have a chance. Thanks and sorry for any confusion.

Oh, that makes sense. If you're predicted below their entry requirements, it's very unlikely you'll receive an offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending