The Student Room Group

JP Morgan Bournemouth VS Amex London

Hi there, I recently received an offer for JP Morgan Global Finance and Business Management Summer Internship at Bournemouth. I didn't apply to the London office because I thought it would be too competitive, and tbh I never thought I'd get in. But I ended up getting an offer. I'm not sure if Bournemouth is is developed enough, and a good location esp for the long term? Could someone say a bit more about the city? Is it developed enough like Bristol/Liverpool?

I also got an offer for the Finance division at Amex at their London office. JP has a bit lower pay compared to Amex, and significantly lower for the same division at JP London. But tbh, I'm confused because JP Morgan is just on a next level. Which one would you pick? Which one do you guys think has a greater chance of conversion to full time role? Does JP have a limit to the number of full time offers they give out?
Reply 1
Original post by Zubairzohakhan
Hi there, I recently received an offer for JP Morgan Global Finance and Business Management Summer Internship at Bournemouth. I didn't apply to the London office because I thought it would be too competitive, and tbh I never thought I'd get in. But I ended up getting an offer. I'm not sure if Bournemouth is is developed enough, and a good location esp for the long term? Could someone say a bit more about the city? Is it developed enough like Bristol/Liverpool?

I also got an offer for the Finance division at Amex at their London office. JP has a bit lower pay compared to Amex, and significantly lower for the same division at JP London. But tbh, I'm confused because JP Morgan is just on a next level. Which one would you pick? Which one do you guys think has a greater chance of conversion to full time role? Does JP have a limit to the number of full time offers they give out?

I'd pick JP for the brand name. Nothing else really stands out like position or comp.
(edited 2 years ago)
Id pick Amex, I feel like if it was london jp would be the better option but it isnt. Not really sure, but I think there is quite a large difference in the work done in the london and bournemouth offices
I'd pick Amex simply because I do not want to live in Bournemouth and Amex seems like the more interesting company here. Try and see if you can find someone who has done this internship/is junior in this job on LinkedIn and get on a call with them to see how the job is.
Reply 4

Hi,
I am currently lower sixth. This is the exact career i am currently looking into. How is it so far? Additionally what did you take for a levels (as i still have the chance to change) or what do you suggest. I have to also write an EPQ, but i still have not chosen a topic, if this is necessary. Would you be able to give me some information on what you studied/ studied at uni and how you applied.
Thank you

I have the same offer for jp as well, did you accept it and if so how has it been?
Congratulations on your offers! Bournemouth offers a different vibe than London but has its charms and a growing finance sector. JP Morgan's reputation is stellar, but consider factors like career growth, location preference, and conversion rates to full-time roles. Research both options thoroughly before deciding. Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending