The Student Room Group
Yeah, I want to know some stuff too about med school interviews! What kind of things do they ask you? I'm pretty sure they'll ask "Why do you want to be a Doctor" but other than that, I don't really know! Are they a "Describe yourself in 3 words" kind of interview or a "Tell us about the current NHS crisis..." (is there a crisis at the moment?? Maybe i should start reading about the NHS! I don't know much!)

So, any good advice?
Reply 2
erm if u get lost on a question they ask, ask for a prompt dont sit in silence, and try to get accross ur enthusiasm

i decided that theres not alot u can do about it just go along do ur best
Reply 3
I'm not sure, but you might be asked about your biology knowledge. So be prepared for academic questions.
If u get an Oxbridge interview, it will last 2 days. Where one is based on academics and the other on Xtra Curric stuff and generally about U.
And yes, there is a crisis with the NHS. Drs worked flat out, lack of doctors, nurses; long waiting lists.....
Reply 5
Dedicated medicine candidates will keep up with the latest, so they will ask stuff like that. E.g. what (blablabla) the Human Genome Project?
Reply 6
Hi I didnt apply to study medicine but Vet Med, but I had quite aew friends who applied for medicine. They got asked a few questions about some issues in the media, on their bio course, their hobbies etc and one that I remember clearly which was a decider question...which three people..dead or alive would you like to go for a meal with? They will probably pick up on your personal statement and any work experience etc. Like you said..why you want to do medicine and be a Dr, but also why that university. Hope that this helps.

Latest