The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2022

Scroll to see replies

Everyone who applied to Cambridge, how did the admission test that includes spacial drawing happen online?
Original post by Skyenet
I got offers from Newcastle a month after sending my portfolio and from Nottingham after five weeks. Still waiting for Sheffield but rejections on the rest.

hey, i know this is a super late reply but i hope u see this. i havent been able to find many examples of successful portfolios for newcastle. if it's possible could you send me your portfolio? i'm an international student and i dont really have anyone to get opinions on mine (which is far from done by the way) and i just want to see the general level of people getting accepted to ncl. i really wanna get in newcastle but i'm so stressed and it'd be really helpful if i could see some examples:frown:
Reply 302
Original post by taehyungpengting
No, you send your ucas application and then it depends on the uni. For example uni of Edinburgh don’t ask for a portfolio- they will give you an offer based on your personal statement only, whereas with Manchester after you sent you personal statement they will email you and ask for you to make a blog with your artwork, and for UCL it’s a completely different process, after you send your ucas they will send you a task to complete and you send it back to them (electronically I believe) and then if they like it they will invite you for an interview and only then you will actually need your portfolio. So it varies from uni to uni. I haven’t started making mine yet either 😭 I’m too stressed with school test and exams but hopefully I’ll do it in October/November.

For UCL they do ask you to send your portfolio at the task stage ( when you submit your task you also submit your portfolio) however they don't look at your portfolio until you present it at the interview.
Original post by gutsguts
i actually decided i don’t wanna do architecture anymore so i went through clearing and now i’m doing economics 😭😭but if you want i’ll send you my ps and portfolio. I honestly had no clue on how my portfolio would be received since I had no like teachers or art peoples opinion.

Could you please share me your ps and portfolio too?
2023 applicants - new thread available for you to introduce yourselves and ask questions:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7263924

@JAKOEMP @dnzone @Virona @mtp2512 @taehyungpengting @moonlight333 @emmacorreia
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi can anyone who applied to UCL tell me if the cover page is included in the number of pages that they require? If they say 10 page portfolio does that mean 1 cover page and 9 pages of work?
Original post by el050204
I study maths, physics, product design A level, and I have applied to Cambridge, UCL, Bath, Cardiff and Sheffield for Architecture:smile:
I got 9999999988 at gcse

I got the same GCSEs and applied to very similar unis! Now studying at Bath. Did you get any offers yet?
Original post by Virona
Hi can anyone who applied to UCL tell me if the cover page is included in the number of pages that they require? If they say 10 page portfolio does that mean 1 cover page and 9 pages of work?

I didn’t apply to UCL but had a similar query for other portfolios. The page count often doesn’t include the cover page, no
Original post by tea.t
Has anyone applied for Architecture and Interdisciplinary Studies at UCL?? I'm most likely going to firm it but haven't really heard anyone talking about this particular course

Have you got an offer? if so, when?
Original post by fearnie333
Have you got an offer? if so, when?

This is the 2022 applicant's thread - try the 2023 thread instead:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7263924

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending