The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2023

If you're applying to uni for Architecture for autumn 2023 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of:
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades:
Extra curriculars:

@StrawberryDreams please can you make this a sticky and 'unstick' the 2022 version. Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

HiDo you have any idea what finance is available for architecture ? I already hold a previous degree in textiles.Many thanks
Original post by normaw
If you're applying to uni for Architecture for autumn 2023 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

Extra curriculars:

@StrawberryDreams please can you make this a sticky and 'unstick' the 2022 version. Thanks.

Hi everyone,

my predicted grades are A*A*A : Art,Maths, Chemistry.

AS achieved grades are ABB ( kinda confusing because I did four AS, maths, chemistry, art and history, but our school doesn’t do art AS exam, thus only three AS grades).

Extra curricular: student Vice President, ambassador for a history project, architecture summer school @ Westminster.

So far I’m deciding among these unis:
Bath, Manchester, Edinburgh, UCL, UAL, Loughborough.
Reply 3
Original post by normaw

Extra curriculars:

Hello,
Predicted grades- A*A*A* :Physics, maths, economics
Universities I’m thinking of- Cambridge, UCL, Bath, Manchester, Sheffield
Original post by Virona
Hello,
Predicted grades- A*A*A* :Physics, maths, economics
Universities I’m thinking of- Cambridge, UCL, Bath, Manchester, Sheffield

Are you applying for 2023 start ? Also what extracurricular activities have you done ?
Reply 5
Original post by normaw

Extra curriculars:

Helloo,
My predicted grades are A*A*A* : DT, maths and economics
I'm thinking of applying to UCL, Loughborough, Bath, Sheffield UWE bristol, Oxford brookes, Reading (lmk opinions of the last 3 pls)
Extracurricular: Architecture elective, Open city accelerate, DT club organiser
Reply 6
Original post by taehyungpengting
Are you applying for 2023 start ? Also what extracurricular activities have you done ?

Yes 2023!
For extracurricular I’ve attended a few architecture workshops, I lead a few clubs at school, written a research paper and have some work experience
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Virona
Yes 2023!
For extracurricular I’ve attended a few architecture workshops, I lead a few clubs at school, written a research paper and have some work experience

Ooooo sounds really good!! I’ve done relatively similar stuff, just have to write my personal statement now and include it all but it’s so difficult :frown:. I’m applying for 2023 too btw!
Reply 8
Ooooo sounds really good!! I’ve done relatively similar stuff, just have to write my personal statement now and include it all but it’s so difficult :frown:. I’m applying for 2023 too btw!

I just submitted my application a few days back! And yes it definitely will take endless drafts but you got this!! Try reading sample statements so you know what to include. Don’t worry, you’ll get it done :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Anko15
Helloo,
My predicted grades are A*A*A* : DT, maths and economics
I'm thinking of applying to UCL, Loughborough, Bath, Sheffield UWE bristol, Oxford brookes, Reading (lmk opinions of the last 3 pls)
Extracurricular: Architecture elective, Open city accelerate, DT club organiser

Hii, your grades and extracurriculars are great! With them why don’t you aim a little higher for Manchester /Cambridge/Edinburgh/Cardiff?
Although, out of the last 3 options, I’ve heard Oxford Brookes is good
Original post by Virona
I just submitted my application a few days back! And yes it definitely will take endless drafts but you got this!! Try reading sample statements so you know what to include. Don’t worry, you’ll get it done :smile:

Thank you and congrats on submitting ur application hopefully u start to receive offers soon!! Could I ask what’s your top choice uni? And also why you chose Sheffield, I know it’s good in terms of ranking but I thought it’s reputation isn’t that good, perhaps I got it wrong but I want to apply there aswell but everyone is saying not to so I’m so indecisive 🥲
Reply 11
Thank you and congrats on submitting ur application hopefully u start to receive offers soon!! Could I ask what’s your top choice uni? And also why you chose Sheffield, I know it’s good in terms of ranking but I thought it’s reputation isn’t that good, perhaps I got it wrong but I want to apply there aswell but everyone is saying not to so I’m so indecisive 🥲

UCL is my top choice! But Cambridge also comes close.
I chose Sheffield because they have an integrated engineering + architecture course (not architectural engineering only) and that was something I’m interested in. I hear the have the best student union in the UK!
As for reputation, If I’m studying what I like and am happy then doesn’t matter what other people think. But I researched about it quite a bit and from what I saw, the student satisfaction is pretty high.
Reply 12
Original post by Virona
Hii, your grades and extracurriculars are great! With them why don’t you aim a little higher for Manchester /Cambridge/Edinburgh/Cardiff?
Although, out of the last 3 options, I’ve heard Oxford Brookes is good

Thank you! I would aim a little higher but I'm not fully confident in my portfolio although I'm still developing it. I will do more research into those uni's tho.
Reply 13
Original post by Anko15
Thank you! I would aim a little higher but I'm not fully confident in my portfolio although I'm still developing it. I will do more research into those uni's tho.

That’s true. Portfolio matters a lot more than the grades. Best of luck!
Original post by Virona
UCL is my top choice! But Cambridge also comes close.
I chose Sheffield because they have an integrated engineering + architecture course (not architectural engineering only) and that was something I’m interested in. I hear the have the best student union in the UK!
As for reputation, If I’m studying what I like and am happy then doesn’t matter what other people think. But I researched about it quite a bit and from what I saw, the student satisfaction is pretty high.

Ohh so if I am understanding it right, you applied for the structural engineering and architecture course at Sheffield? And the rest of the unis just the “architecture” course. If that’s right, then did you talk about structural engineering in your personal statement, like any hint of it, or was your personal statement fully directed towards an architecture course only. If I am wrong, please correct me 😅😅
Reply 15
Ohh so if I am understanding it right, you applied for the structural engineering and architecture course at Sheffield? And the rest of the unis just the “architecture” course. If that’s right, then did you talk about structural engineering in your personal statement, like any hint of it, or was your personal statement fully directed towards an architecture course only. If I am wrong, please correct me 😅😅

Yes you’re absolutely right. I did write a bit about engineering in it but more of architecture
Original post by normaw

Extra curriculars:

Hello everyone
I still haven't gotten my predicted grades from my centre but my AS results were AAAA in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

I'm thinking of applying to Sheffield, Manchester, Edinburgh, Newcastle and UWE Bristol and maybe Bath

Extracurricular : Have been attending architecture course (interior and exterior), volunteered at two different orphanages for a few times and have two certificates of it, art workshops.

When writing ps is it okay to include the awards that I have achieved during my high school years like the ones from 2018?
Original post by JAKOEMP
Hello everyone
I still haven't gotten my predicted grades from my centre but my AS results were AAAA in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

I'm thinking of applying to Sheffield, Manchester, Edinburgh, Newcastle and UWE Bristol and maybe Bath

Extracurricular : Have been attending architecture course (interior and exterior), volunteered at two different orphanages for a few times and have two certificates of it, art workshops.

When writing ps is it okay to include the awards that I have achieved during my high school years like the ones from 2018?

hey! From what my teachers told me, it’s best to include recent activities so I’d say 2020-present, some of my teachers say activities done in year 12 and onwards only, so I’d recommend you to speak to your teachers for better advice. Personally I think it’s fine; as either way it shows your achievements!!

Also about UWE Bristol~ Is it different to uni of Bristol?
Reply 18
hey! From what my teachers told me, it’s best to include recent activities so I’d say 2020-present, some of my teachers say activities done in year 12 and onwards only, so I’d recommend you to speak to your teachers for better advice. Personally I think it’s fine; as either way it shows your achievements!!

Also about UWE Bristol~ Is it different to uni of Bristol?

I know the question wasn’t meant for me😅, but yes they both are different universities
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Virona
I know the question wasn’t meant for me😅, but yes they both are different universities

Oh it’s okay, I don’t mind who answers haha. Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending