The Student Room Group

Tesco Application - How long?

I recently applied for two Tesco's vacancies and was wondering how long the application process takes roughly.

Both applications are "under review" at the moment according to the Tesco's Career website.
Usually within 2-3 weeks.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Usually within 2-3 weeks.

Gross :s-smilie:

Thanks though!
Waiting on applications with tesco myself. My friend works for tesco and asked her manager, and he said they have to wait until the post closes (should say online) then it should be pretty quick after that. So if you applied when the post just opened you could be waiting a few weeks, if you applied a few days before it closes you may only wait a week. This is assuming they decide to call you for interview.
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Gross :s-smilie:

Thanks though!

True, and it's all good.

Good luck!

Spoiler

Original post by SophieSmall
Waiting on applications with tesco myself. My friend works for tesco and asked her manager, and he said they have to wait until the post closes (should say online) then it should be pretty quick after that. So if you applied when the post just opened you could be waiting a few weeks, if you applied a few days before it closes you may only wait a week. This is assuming they decide to call you for interview.

Tesco supposedly gets back to you regardless of outcome. I'll have a look at when the vacancy closes :h:
True, and it's all good.

Good luck!

Spoiler

Really good! Thanks for asking :h: Still in Sheffield over the summer to work.
Reply 7
I applied for one and still haven’t heard back…
I applied for another and got rejected within 24hrs
Hoping the first one comes through, it’s still under review
Really good! Thanks for asking :h: Still in Sheffield over the summer to work.

Awesome. :h:

Are you staying in Endcliffe? Also did you get to go to Tramlines? :smile:
I recently applied for two Tesco's vacancies and was wondering how long the application process takes roughly.

Both applications are "under review" at the moment according to the Tesco's Career website.

Anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks. You will nearly always hear back from them after the application closing date. If you don't hear anything within a month of the closing date you should look elsewhere :smile:
Awesome. :h:

Are you staying in Endcliffe? Also did you get to go to Tramlines? :smile:

I've moved out of Endcliffe into a student house :biggrin: and unfortunately no, I couldn't afford it. Town was super busy though so I still went out for drinks and stuff. How about you? :h:
I've moved out of Endcliffe into a student house :biggrin: and unfortunately no, I couldn't afford it. Town was super busy though so I still went out for drinks and stuff. How about you? :h:

Fun :smile:

Aww, it's good that you got to go out though. :tongue:

I unfortunately had to work all weekend.

Trying to change my job though, because this company sucks. They won't give me more than 9 hours. :frown:
Reply 12
Mine has been closed for 1 week and still haven't heard back
Due to the Coronavirus, the application process will happen much quicker. Currently all supermarkets are looking for employees, but u must me available. This doesn’t say it will be permanent work employment, as they need you now for quarantine purposes but u could still be working there after the Coronavirus passes.
You will most likely get the job!
So I got offered interviews at two different branches of Tesco. However when I click to book an interview slot it says there are none available and I will be emailed if more come up. I dont know if this is a case of it all being taken up or they havent put any interview dates out. Has anyone got the "no interview slots available" thing before and then have had interview slots come up later? or shall I just forget about me ever getting an interview haha :frown:. Thanks
Original post by fuzzmuzz
So I got offered interviews at two different branches of Tesco. However when I click to book an interview slot it says there are none available and I will be emailed if more come up. I dont know if this is a case of it all being taken up or they havent put any interview dates out. Has anyone got the "no interview slots available" thing before and then have had interview slots come up later? or shall I just forget about me ever getting an interview haha :frown:. Thanks

I've got the same message, emailed the careers people on the website and they said:

We have recently advertised a large number of roles and have received a lot of interest from the community.

We apologise for not getting in touch sooner, but wanted to reassure you that we are currently in the process of reviewing all applications and we will be in touch with you shortly.
I no this was a while ago but what was your outcome? I applied earlier passed the online assessment and the status says interview and tells me to book on but there's no dates available but the Add doesn't close till 13th September 2022
Reply 17
Original post by Lilstarz
I no this was a while ago but what was your outcome? I applied earlier passed the online assessment and the status says interview and tells me to book on but there's no dates available but the Add doesn't close till 13th September 2022

I have just applied for the new store opening. Did you get a response back from them, because I have applied 2/3 weeks ago and I haven't got no update, However I got rang by a no caller id, but I missed it because I was doing my driving theory test and you can't call back no caller id. I also got no voicemail so I was quite confused. Do you think that was a Tesco call for an interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending