The Student Room Group

Did you genuinely enjoy Game of Thrones?

I used to be the biggest fan, read the books and everything. I have really been putting off rewatching despite being bored out of my mind in my down time when I'm not studying. It was one of my 'feel good' and go-to shows and it was almost comforting to know I was hyping up a good ending all along.

However, I have not rewatched the show since the later seasons came out (specifically season 6 onwards). The ending I was hyping up obviously did not happen, so I've accepted that it's not really worth it sitting through it again for disappointment.

What about you? Did you enjoy the ending? I've yet to actually find anyone that was content with it. :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Earlier? Sure. Especially the lewd scenes.

But later? Hah.
Original post by Callicious

But later? Hah.

Lmaoo, to be completely honest I was pretty young when I started it so I subconsciously skipped through almost every single 'outrageous' scene, meaning I missed out on pretty much every single Tyrion, Bronn, Oberyn and Littlefinger scene. :rolleyes: Just kidding, but now that I'm older I'm definitely thinking of rewatching for the adult humour.
(edited 2 years ago)

But later? Hah.

I read the books.. the lewd scenes are even better in it.
Last 2 series dropped off, but it was a great show overall especially seasons 2-4
Original post by summerbirdreads
I read the books.. the lewd scenes are even better in it.

if I wanted to read smut, I would just go read some japanese smut, if you catch my drift.
if I wanted to read smut, I would just go read some japanese smut, if you catch my drift.

I wanted some fantastical smut inspiration for my own lockdown works

IDK if I'd say GRRM's smut is "fantastical" LMAOO but at least I didn't skip through it like I did the show :s-smilie:

DSC_6482-Edit-Edit-2.jpg
Original post by blueskyeyed
IDK if I'd say GRRM's smut is "fantastical" LMAOO but at least I didn't skip through it like I did the show :s-smilie:

I meant as in fantasy not fantastical like in fantastical.. I've read better smut for that. The um scenes are crazy though.. like the one in the first book
Reply 10
Original post by blueskyeyed
I used to be the biggest fan, read the books and everything. I have really been putting off rewatching despite being bored out of my mind in my down time when I'm not studying. It was one of my 'feel good' and go-to shows and it was almost comforting to know I was hyping up a good ending all along.

However, I have not rewatched the show since the later seasons came out (specifically season 6 onwards). The ending I was hyping up obviously did not happen, so I've accepted that it's not really worth it sitting through it again for disappointment.

What about you? Did you enjoy the ending? I've yet to actually find anyone that was content with it. :tongue:

Lol I was just planning on watching it again over the Christmas break. I really liked it and although the ending wasn't the best it's only one part of the show. The rest was still great.
I meant as in fantasy not fantastical like in fantastical.. I've read better smut for that. The um scenes are crazy though.. like the one in the first book

Omg I'm sorry I misread... but you're right, they are defo crazy, the Daenerys ones (especially the first) made me question my sanity fr :frown:
Reply 12
I enjoyed it but not enough to watch it again. It could've been amazing but they rushed it and it stopped making sense. Especially the last few episodes.
Original post by Cs115
Lol I was just planning on watching it again over the Christmas break. I really liked it and although the ending wasn't the best it's only one part of the show. The rest was still great.

Honestly same tho... like, it might be horrible or whatever, but I could just watch up to season 6 and imagine a better ending happened :biggrin:
Original post by miser
I enjoyed it but not enough to watch it again. It could've been amazing but they rushed it and it stopped making sense. Especially the last few episodes.

I personally had my friends spoil the last few episodes for me as opposed to fully sitting through them. My heart couldn't take it </3
Reply 15
I indeed enjoed the show. It's great. Even if the last episodes were a little weaker by the plot, the music was great.
I enjoyed the books but given that there doesn’t seem to be any date as to when the next books I released (correct me if I’m wrong please), I have no motivation to continue reading them. I don’t like being left on cliff hangers for an indefinite amount of time.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 17
never watched an episode but seen stuff in the news which lead me to YouTube clips i think? :curious: nah, not for me but i'm also a conservation Christian so maybe that explains it
Yeah, it was alright.
Books - have read up to the penultimate one released. Really enjoy them.

TV - never watched it from the start. Have only seen the final 2 episodes, (watched them as I couldn't be bothered to hear spoilers). Thought they were absolutely fine.

Quick Reply

Latest